12439RE: [hobbicast] Yahoo extract - Hobbicast

  • Engine Tech
    Mar 6, 2002
      There are a number of programs that do text-to-speech. Here is a link to a
      simple application that is free.

      http://readplease.com/

      The AT&T natural voice is very good technology and sounds much better than
      most. Natural voice is now an option for ReadPlease

      By combining the parsing program I have already written with something like
      the AT&T natural voice technology you can accomplish exactly what you are
      looking for. Programmatically, this is a simple application.

      I spend at least 2 hours or more on the road each day, so I was already
      considering the same application you are talking about. I was planning to
      send the output to an MP3 player to listen to while traveling. I would
      record each message on its own track to simplify skipping messages. This is
      low on my priority list right now.

      I will keep you in mind when this project trickles to the top of the list.
      I did the text extract because I was concerned that the archives might get
      lost in the event of a failure at Yahoo. I felt this was a little more time
      sensitive.

      Ken