RE: [group: Hallo northern sky planetarium program] Re: Jupiter and Saturn's Moons

  • Derek C Breit
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5 7:08 AM
      Under the OBJECT menu, you can slide the slider that says "NAME UNTIL
      MAGN" and "Maximum Magnitude"

      This will "fix" it..

      Learn to use the object menu. it is very useful. You do not want to
      display too much info when looking at a large field of view.. so these
      sliders are set for less.. When zoomed in, you want more info displayed,
      slide to the right...

      Derek

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5 5:24 PM
        Thanks to all. This worked perfect.

        > I have the latest version of HNSKY 2.3.0i (Love It) and I noticed at
        > star party the other night when I zoomed in on Saturn it only
        labeled
        > 1 of the Moons Titan the others are not labeled also the auto help
        > lists Saturn as the Planatary nebula instead of the Planet. I zoomed
        > in on jupiter and its moons are labeled with Roman Numerals. Is this
        > correct? Thanks John
        >Well John, I just tried zooming in on Saturn in Hnsky and found by
        hovering over each moon that a label with the moons name and magnitude
        popped up. When it was busy redrawing the screen to follow system time
        the labels don't pop up. I don't know what auto help is but there is a
        planetary nebula called the saturn nebula, NGC 7009. If you click on
        any of Jupiter's moons then its name appears in the upper right corner
        of the screen.

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        on the web.