FITS images Problems

  • Lozar, Robert C ERDC-CERL-IL
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2003
      Hi, I have a lot of FITS images (about 2000, all about 512K in size).
      Although they look great in HNSKY, it is really slow in putting them up. I
      cannot tell if it is the number (2000) of them or the size (512K) or both
      that is causing the problem. Any ideas? If size, is there a program (batch
      preferably) to cut the size in half, but keep the RA/Declination info? I
      realize a faster computer would be best, but save that, any ideas? Thanks,
      Bob