[group: Hallo northern sky planetarium program] Re: Updating Asteroids.. (AGAIN!)

  • Fred
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 21, 2008
      If you will click on the link I provided,
      http://www.cfa.harvard.edu/iau/Ephemerides/index.html it will take
      you to the orbital data page at the IAU Minor Planet center.

      Ar the bottom of the text, there is a line that reads "Also available
      are orbital elements in formats suitable for loading into a variety
      of planetarium-type computer programs."

      If you click on the text it will take you to a page titled "Orbital
      Elements for Software Packages" and lists a number of software
      programs.

      Look down that list for "TheSky (Software Bisque)" and click on that
      link.

      That will load a text page of orbital elements. Save that file
      as "hns_com1.cmt" in your HNSky directory.

      When you restart HNSky, it will reference the new file and you will
      be ready to go.

      Fred
      Charleston, AR

      --- In hnsky@yahoogroups.com, "Derek C Breit" <breit_ideas@...> wrote:

      > OK..
      >

      > Derek
      > http://www.poyntsource.com/New/index.htm

      Behalf Of
      > Antoni Clavell
      > Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 4:35 AM
      > To: hnsky@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [group: Hallo northern sky planetarium program] Re:
      Updating
      > Asteroids.. (AGAIN!)
      >

      > Derek,
      >
      > What you are asking for is available in the HNSKY home page, under
      > "asteroids". There there are the web to download the file and also
      two small
      > utilities to convert the huge file to the Hnsky format. Please look
      > carefully to Hnsky home page.
      >
      > Antoni

      ASTORB into
      > HNSKY format..
      >
      > Derek
      > http://www.poyntsou <http://www.poyntsource.com/New/index.htm>
      > rce.com/New/index.htm

      Behalf
      > Of
      > klauslms
      > Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 11:29 AM
      > To: hnsky@yahoogroups. <mailto:hnsky%40yahoogroups.com> com
      > Subject: [group: Hallo northern sky planetarium program] Re:
      Updating
      > Asteroids.. (AGAIN!)
      >
      > --- In hnsky@yahoogroups. <mailto:hnsky%40yahoogroups.com>
      com, "Fred"
      > <poppafred@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Go to the IAU Minor Planet Center at
      > > http://www.cfa <http://www.cfa
      > <http://www.cfa.harvard.edu/iau/Ephemerides/index.html>
      > harvard.edu/iau/Ephemerides/index.html>
      > harvard.edu/iau/Ephemerides/index.html
      > > and click on the link at the bottom of the paragraph for orbital
      > > elements. Download and save the file in "The Sky" format.
      > >
      > > Fred
      > > Charleston, AR
      > >

      > > --- In hnsky@yahoogroups. <mailto:hnsky%40yahoogroups.com>
      com, "BREIT
      > IDEAS Observatory"
      > > <breit_ideas@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Ok I have been all thru the helpfile, thru the MPC Site, etc..
      > > >
      > > > Exactly how can I update MPC file of asteroids for use in
      HNSKY??