View previews of new documentary!!!

  • therealrobg
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 22, 2006
      www.optimumfilms.com/secretwars.html
      www.myspace.com/optimumfilms

      Hello, I am working on a documentary about the Hmong experience in
      Laos and journey to America. This documentary is called Secret Wars
      and is currently 35% through to its completion in post-production.
      It features many rare pieces of footage and interviews with key
      figures such as: General Vang Pao, Bill Lair, General Harry C.
      Aderholt, Dr. Yang Dao, and MORE! Please come to my page
      www.optimumfilms.com/secretwars.html to download trailers and clips
      of the doc. Or visit www.myspace.com/optimumfilms for more streaming
      video! Thank you for the time and your support.

      Rob G
      Director
      Optimum Films, Inc.
      www.optimumfilms.com

      All video clips are PREVIEWS and are not to be considered final
      product, or for sale/ reproduction in any manner! The views
      expressed in the film are those of the interview subjects and do not
      reflect those of Optimum Films, Inc. or its Employees.
    • zola yang
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 20, 2006
        therealrobg <therealrobg@...> wrote:
[...]

        Thank you very much, and I am looking forward to veiwing your site.
        Zola

        Yahoo! Mail

      • Joumana Medlej
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 23, 2006
          Hello,

          Since December I have been to Viet Nam, Laos and Thailand and took
          advantage of this to collect material on Hmong dress for a book. The
          'net has been very helpful in helping me fill the gaps but there's
          something that still stumps me, and that is the relation of the Hmong
          of Viet Nam to the others. What I found on the field are three
          distinct groups:
          - The Black Hmong of Viet Nam, whose dress is this:
          http://www.gonomad.com/destinations/0509/images/vietnam-black-hmong.jpg
          - The Flower Hmong of Viet Nam, whose dress is this:
          http://www.terragalleria.com/images/vietnam/viet7923.jpeg
          - In Laos and Thailand, the Blue or Green, and White Hmong, whose
          dress presents similarities but broadly resembles this:
          http://www.marcad.com/travel/Thailand/Hmong%20grandmother_small.jpg
          (I have a hunch it's more complex than this, but am at a loss to sort it out).
          All the online material about the Hmong seems to deal solely with the
          Blue and White Hmong of Laos and Thailand. What should I conclude
          from this? Are those in Viet Nam considered to be the same people, or
          is there a rift? Would it be appropriate to treat of all of them in
          the same chapter? Can anyone help me with a clear breakdown of all
          the Hmong groups, not just those in Laos/Thailand?

          I know there are also Hmong in China, but I haven't been there and
          researching them online is made very difficult by the Hmong/Miao
          confusion (as I understand, not all the Miao in China are Hmong). If
          anyone could point me to material (online or printed) concerning the
          Hmong of China I would be very greatful as I would like to include
          them if I can.

          Thanks a lot,
          --
          Joumana Medlej
          http://www.cedarseed.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 25, 2006
            Hello Joumana Medlej,

            We're a Hmong clan in NorthEast Vietnam, i hope our info can help you a bit with the query, we have our family info on our site : wwww.am00n.com

            i think u may take a look and have some reference on the root of when Hmong came to Vietnam,

            Your trip, seem you just visit Northwest Hmong community ? On the way we moved, it's by Wenshan, Yunnan, and then, NorthEast Vietnam, and/or Yunnan to NorthWest Vietnam and Laos...

            sincerely,

            Lig.

            Our family page: www.am00n.com
            Vuong, Kim Lien ( Ntxhi Vaj )