hmong research --also response to amy kue

  • dubblevisionn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2006
      Hey guys! I just found this site. To Amy Kue's post--this may be too
      late but I'm doing my Masters thesis in psychology on basically what
      you are looking at: differences in Asian Americans vs. European
      Americans on emotion expression and emotion differentiation and how
      that impacts their life satisfaction and psychological well being.
      There are a ton of resources on psychINFO. I could just send you by
      bibliography too if you want. None have looked at the Hmong
      specifically, but at the general areas of collectivism vs.
      individualism. There are only a couple studies in psychology focusing
      on the Hmong.

      Second, I have been wanting to do some sort of research in Thailand
      with Hmong children. I was thinking maybe in Hmong orphanages or
      something or with the children of the refugee camps and resilience. I
      know Dr. Masten at UMN is doing research on the ones in the US but I
      was thinking of going to Thailand. Not really sure though. But I want
      to help the Hmong over there and it's hard because there are not a
      lot of resources or people who care. Any ideas guys? Thanks. I don't
      use this yahoo email. You can reach me at bruce.thao@.... Thanks!

      Bruce

      Bruce - Thank you very much for sharing this is very helpful. If others have resources for Bruce please feel free to post or to write Bruce directly.

      - Mark Pfeifer