Hmong Studies Journal Publishes New Double Issue

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2012
      Dear Colleagues:

      I am very pleased to announce the publication of a new double issue of the Hmong Studies Journal.

      Volume 13, Issue 1 is our annual issue and the research articles, scholarly commentaries and reviews that are included address a range of significant issues in contemporary Hmong American and Hmong in Asia Studies.

      Volume 13, Issue 2 is a special issue of articles contributed by invited scholars of Hmong American Studies in response to the release of 2010 census data. Dr. Zha Blong Xiong of the University of Minnesota has served as a guest co-editor of this special issue. The articles in this issue provide analysis of important population, demographic, socioeconomic, educational and social trends as well as health disparities in contemporary Hmong America. The 2010 U.S. Census issue of the Hmong Studies Journal is the most comprehensive scholarly assessment published to date of of how these trends are impacting contemporary Hmong America.

      I would very much like to thank all of the contributors and reviewers who over the past year contributed their hard work to make this double issue possible!

      I strongly welcome feedback on the articles in these two issues. If you haven't yet, please also take some time to visit our new journal website at: http://www.hmongstudiesjournal.org

      Yours Sincerely,
      Mark Pfeifer, Editor, Hmong Studies Journal