Hmong Cultural Center Launches Hmong 101 Webinars for Service Providers

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2012
      Hmong Cultural Center would very much appreciate assistance in helping get the news out of an exciting new webinar outreach initiative for our Hmong 101 program. Since 2003, this program has provided presentations to more than 5,000 service providers in Greater Minnesota and Wisconsin. In the past few years, the U.S. Dept. of Justice, Community Relations Program in Chicago has adapted our curriculum for diversity training seminars in the Upper Midwest. HCC has recently updated and expanded the program curriculum for outreach in upcoming webinars to service providers across the country. With this new initiative, HCC would particularly like to target service providers in areas of the country with expanding Hmong populations but fewer educational resources related to the community including outstate MN, WI, the Carolinas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri and Alaska. The Hmong 101 Webinar program is open to people everywhere, the interactive presentations focus on basic material related to history and culture for a non-academic audience who possess little previous information about the Hmong. Please feel free to contact me or HCC if you have any questions about the Hmong 101 program. Thank you for your help in spreading the word! http://www.hmongcc.org/uploads/4/5/8/7/4587788/hcc_hmong_101_webinars_press_release.pdf

      - Mark Pfeifer