Recruiting participants for research study

  • hmongstudies-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2011
      Dear Dr. Mark E. Pfeifer,

      Would you mind helping me announce the study again to the Hmong community? I have got approval from University that I am going to increase the incentive from $1 to $ 5 cash and a tea bag.

      I sincerely invite women without any cancer and women with gynecological cancer or rectal cancer to participate in this study.

      This is mail survey study, and the study package will be sent to the participant's residence. The confidentiality of all persons and personally identifiable data is protected.

      The participants will be reimbursed with a $ 5 cash incentive and a tea bag to appreciate for the participation.

      Thank you very much for your help and best wishes,

      If there are any questions related to the study, please don't hesitate to contact me. Below is some background information and study announcement of this study.

      Sincerely,
      Chia-Chun

      Study announcement

      Title: Factors Affecting Sexual Function and Sexual Satisfaction among Females with or without Rectal Cancer or Gynecological Cancer

      There are two groups in the study, including the study group and the control group.

      The study group: You are eligible to participate in this study if you are a female; are 18 years or order; live in U.S.; are in a relationship or married; read English; have experienced rectal cancer or gynecological cancer surgery for longer than three months; do not have a prior history of any other type of cancer; have finished postoperative chemotherapy and radiotherapy; had no postoperative complications, including wound infections, temporary bladder dysfunction, anastomosis leakage, bleeding, and ostomy complications; and are willing and able to provide information about the research questions.

      The control group: You are eligible to participate in this study if you are a female; are 18 years or older; are in a relationship or married; read English; live in U.S.; not have a history of cancer; and are willing and able to provide information about the research questions.

      This study is not only for females with sexual dysfunction but also for females without any sexual dysfunction. You are encouraged to participate in this study if you feel interested in the study and are willing to provide information about the research questions.

      Data will be collected by sending a packet consisting of an informed consent form, the set of questionnaires, and a $ 5 cash incentive and a tea bag of appreciation to your residence. If you are interested in the study, you can contact me by e-mail (chiachunli820@...) or phone (512-529-4527), and tell us your mail address.

      Your participation includes signing the informed consent form, completing the questionnaires, and returning them to me in the postage-paid envelope.

      Risks to participants are considered minimal. All information about you will be kept confidential, and your name will not be connected with any information that you provide. Identification numbers associated with mail and e-mail addresses will be kept during the data collection phase for tracking purposes only.

      Contact Information:

      Chia-Chun Li, RN, MSN

      The University of Texas at Austin, School of Nursing

      4210 Red River #121

      Austin, Texas 78751

      E-mail address: chiachunli820@...

      Telephone: 512-529-4527

      Advisor: Lynn Rew, EdD, RN, AHN-BC, FAAN

      The Denton & Louise Cooley and Family Centennial Professor

      E-mail address: ellerew@...

      Telephone: 512-471-7941