hmong high school drop outs

  • monglang
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2010
      I'm doing a research paper and I would like to know if anyone knows the national high school drop out rates for the Hmong population. I went to a librarian to help me, but he had a hard time helping me out. Your help is much appreciated.
    • hmongstudies-owner@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2010
        I am not aware of a source for data on national high school drop out rates for the Hmong population. A somewhat related variable for which there is information is the proportion of the Hmong population over 25 years old that is a high school graduate or higher. The figure is 60.4% for Hmong Americans compared to 85% for the entire U.S. population according to estimates from the 2008 American Community Survey. The data is available here in the Hmong Demographic Profile in the 2008 ACS: http://hmongstudies.org/HmongACS2008.pdf

        Mark Pfeifer