New Edited Volume of Folk Songs/Folk Stories and Folk Legends

  • hmongcultural
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2009

      Nicholas Tapp has informed me that this collection we have worked on the past few years will soon be published by Lincom. This is an edited collection of Hua Miao (A Hmao) folksongs/folktales originally collected by the Parsons brothers, who were missionaries in China.

      This group is not Hmong but is closely related in terms of language.

      More information is here:
      http://linguistlist.org/pubs/books/get-book.cfm?BookID=41523

      and here:
      http://www.isca-students.org/20_1776_books_anthropological_ling_tapp_pfeifer_eds