Re: [hmongstudies] Needs help about Hmong in Australia

  • Gemma Wieberg
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19, 2008
      Dear Taeko, please email more details about what you are doing, and I would like to help. Sorry its a bit past the deadline but it may be of use when actually writing.
      All the best,
      Gemma

      Taeko <taekoty@...> wrote:
      I am researching on Hmong in three Western countries about how kinship
      and identity are maintained and become a "bond," which gives the Hmong
      a strong group consciousness and solidarity.

      I intend to see it from the standpoint of clan names and extended
      family. For my preliminary research of my Ph.D. dissertation, I am
      going to visit Australia next week, during March 5 - 20.

      I have some Hmongs who help me with my research during this period,
      but I would like to have more information about Hmong in Australia.

      Are there anyone who have dispeprsed kins in Australia, U.S.A., and
      France? Please contact me to my e-mail address: taekoty@.... ne.jp

      Your help is greatly appreciated!

      Taeko

      Rise to the challenge for Sport Relief with Yahoo! for Good