Re: Hmong song

  • tongyangca
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 24, 2007
      Reading your translation, I noticed that you mispelled some Hmong
      words as well. Below I have changed a little. I hope you don't mind
      my critique.

      (Is it because you have not completed your education?)
      Puas yog koj tseem kawm txuj tsis tau tiav, thiaj tsis tau

      (So you haven't visited (or come to) our land or is it because you
      were born in America land, don't let me wait for long for I cannot
      wait, my ________)

      los saib peb rau tebchaws no, los sis puas yog koj yug rau
      tebchaws Asmeskas, txhob cia kuv tos ntev ntev vim kuv tos tsis taus
      os leej nus.

      P.S. Instead of using the word "los yog" I replace it with "puas
      yog". I also used in place of the word "nrhiav" for "saib"
      b/c "saib" indicate "visiting" and "nrhiav" indicate "searching". It
      makes much more sense this way.