Volume of articles on minorities in China (including Miao) available online

  • Nicholas Poss
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2006
      Chiao, Chien; Tapp, Nicholas; Ho, Kam-yin, eds. New Asia Academic
      Bulletin, v. 8, 1989. (Special issue on ethnicity & ethnic groups in
      China) is being hosted by Hong Kong Journals Online at the following
      address: http://sunzi1.lib.hku.hk/hkjo/article.jsp?book=35&issue=350008.

      It includes several articles of interest for those studying Hmong/Miao
      issues, including:
      Schein, L. "The Dynamics of Cultural Revival Among the Miao in Guizhou."
      Wu. "Culture change and ethnic identity among minorities in China."
      Lemoine, J. "Ethnicity, culture, and development among some minorities
      of China."
      Each article is available as a .pdf. Enjoy.

      (BTW, I've added a couple of entries to blog attached to my research
      website that point to obscure recordings of Hmong musicians in SE Asia
      available on the internet: http://possws.blogspot.com/)

      Nick Poss
      www.poss.ws