New Jeremy Hein Book

  • hmongcultural
    Message 1 of 1 , May 16, 2006
      UW-Eau Claire Sociologist Jeremy Hein has an important new book that
      has just been published in the past few weeks related to Hmong
      incorporation/adaptation and race relations in several Midwestern
      cities.

      I enjoyed being on a panel with Professor Hein a month ago at UW-Eau
      Claire to discuss the possible creation of a Hmong Studies program at
      the school. From what I hear the process is tentatively moving forward
      since the panel was held with support from the administration. This is
      Professor Hein's third book related to Hmong and Southeast Asian
      Americans.

      http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0871543362/sr=8-
      1/qid=1147820522/ref=sr_1_1/103-7478274-4004649?%5Fencoding=UTF8

      - Mark Pfeifer