PEL - Signed-up Observation

  • flvolunteers
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 19
      Staff,

      I'm really excited to see that I got a spot in the Saturday a.m. Blood & Plunder game. I did notice that it appears to be overbooked. Thought I'd give ya'll a heads-up since pretty sensitive about that these days.

      Really looking forward to the show!!!

      Game Well,
      Eric
      aka "Mr Cupcake"

    • Bob Gallagher

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 19
          Eric,

          First off thank you for pre-registering, and selecting your events ahead, it makes our life at the con easier.
          Sadly with staff working regular jobs, I just don't have the time to do any event related work prior to two weeks out, we just take the info in, then when I am creating the event PEL and the Tickets I list those whom are overbooked as alternates. Luckily Terry Perdue is running that game several times, as is another GM. We know there has to be a better way but as understaffed and all volunteers we just are having a hard time getting to one.

          So thank you Lieutenant Obvious... and thank you for volunteering to working on making sure that doesn't happen at the next con the BOD will be talking to you at the con about your new duties.

          I am still looking forward to the con though I am hip deep in working on the event PEL game tickets and final stuff for my 3 games.
          Come Friday night of the con I will hate the world and everything in it, but it will still be worth it.

          Guys as you can see lots of great games on the Events listing make sure to bring a friend or two as I don't want our game masters to be under-booked!

          Friendly warning as to brining food and drink in, the hotel will have a concession stand, and if its like the one at Cruicible it will be legendary. Part of the deal for us is that our people use it instead of bringing food from outside into the event area. I don't care what you have in your hotel rooms but please don't bring stuff in to the event area that wasn't purchased there at least for this con.

          Regards,
          Raymond F. Phillips PSM
          HMGS-South Convention Coordinator.

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 19

                There were selections for games that were cancelled, and there were selections where I could not make out what players were signing up.

                I am a big fan of using an interactive method, where you see what you get, when the GM cancels you see that right away, and it happens where the PEL can be viewed every day with the latest changes.

                Improvements are coming!

                Don't worry everything can be fixed before or onsite.

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 19
                  I snoozed through the cutoff for submitting for seats in games ( Registered back in Feb).

                  Any chance I can get put down for Friday 2pm, game 22 , Jeff Brown, Clash and Friday Night, game 61, Gavin Tovrea, Battle of Pyramids.

                  Bill
                • flvolunteers
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 20
                    ALLCON,

                    Very cool!!! I didn't realize there was an alternates mechanism in place, that is awesome and a HUGE help to the GM's, thank you for doing that. I'm also glad I won't be dragged away from the table kicking and screaming about an overbooked game (although there would be no shortage of volunteers to do the dragging). Besides, I prefer to be dragged away from the table for my usual offenses!!!

                    See ya'll in a few weeks!!!

                    Game Well,
                    Eric

                    PS: Nice save, Doc. I see that, once you knew you would face me on the tabletop, you were suddenly "in another session" ;) hehe