Recon hotel confirmation

  • Karl Petterson
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 15
      Marc,
      Confirmation:
      Guest Name:Larry Brasington

      Sent from my iPhone
    • marc33594
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 15
        Thanks Larry!  I edited out your confirmation number as the rest don't need to see it.

        Marc

      • richci50
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 15
          Marc,

          I have pre regestered for recon and made some game selections does hmgs send a conformation?

          You can see that I am regesteted at the hotel.

          Thanks,
          Richard Ciarlo

          Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 6.

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 17
            Richard;

            We do not.  However the upcoming PEL's should have those who have pre-signed for the games in the appropriate field.  If you have signed up for a game and dont see your name there please contact us immediately.

            Marc

          • Bob Gallagher
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 22
              I took a drive up I-4 this afternoon to check out our new convention hotel. Wanted to see how easy it was to find and take a look at the interior layout.

              First off, it was super easy to find. Get off I-4 at exit 64 and head toward Disney on 192. Pass the Disney exit, staying on 192, until you see a tall sign that says, "Park Inn TURN HERE". Made the right turn and went a couple of hundred yards and pulled into the parking lot.

              Important things, like the restaurant, snack area (pizza, wings and salads) are at one end and the convention center rooms are at the other. Anyone bringing gaming material should park at the far end of the building near the convention center (North side). We won't be able to get as close as at last hotel, but it's doable. Might be a stretch to carry boxes in, so I would suggest to bring a cart or dolly.

              The restaurant and snack area seemed nice, although it was before lunch and didn't see anyone eating at either place. Menu looked good. For those who don't like to eat in a hotel, there are lots of places back out on 192. For me, I'll park my car on Thursday and pick it up Saturday night.

              Good job, BOD!
              Your roving travel reporter,
              Doc Gallagher

                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 23
                  Thank you for the report Doc and the kind comments Karl.  I can say this was truly a group effort and by group I mean not only the Board but the membership as well.

                  I sincerely believe we will like the Park Inn.  We had 10 1/2 years at the Palms and 21 shows.  But all good things do come to an end.  Here is to an equally long and happy run at the Park Inn.  It will be an adventure for all of us I am sure.  No matter how much work we put into preparation (and that includes several of us returning to the venue during another convention to get a better idea how things flow) I am sure it will be quite the learning experience.

                  As we used to say, another chance to excel!

                  Marc

                • marc33594
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 25
                    Few quick add on's.  You can pull up behind the convention center.  There are several glass doors there which lead directly into the conference area and main ballroom.  The run from drop off point to the ballroom is about the same as it was from the unloading zone at Palms to the main ballroom.

                    Remember they will be setting up concessions for breakfast, lunch and dinner in the pre-function area which makes it the perfect place to grab something to eat before and between games.  They will also set up a bar there for us.  Due to the difficulties in tracking only food and beverage purchased in the pre-function area will count towards purchases by our group.  You are more than welcome to enjoy the hotels restaurant and bar as well but hopefully we will all enjoy the special concession area.  Members are also reminded that NO food or drink may be brought in from outside the convention spaces.  Only food and beverage purchased at the concessions areas in the pre-function area.

                    Several of us are making a return trip to the facility next week during another convention to check out exactly how all this meshes in actual practice.

                    Marc