2007 Vegan Society Awards - UK
- The Vegan Society
Donald Watson House, 21 Hylton Street, Hockley, Birmingham B18 6HJ
0845 458 8244 | www.vegansociety.com | media@...
Thu 6 Dec 2007 For immediate release
Heather Mills Wins Vegan Society Achievement Award
The Co-op supermarket, Faith in Nature cleaning products and the Vegan
Organic Network are also among those triumphantly walking away with a
coveted Vegan Society Award this year. Each year, Vegan Society members
nominate their favourite vegan companies, products and people. In 2007,
we have some new winners, as well as further accolades for some old
Colm McBriarty, Vegan Society Business Development Officer said today,
"The vegan market is growing all the time, so it is no easy achievement
to win a Vegan Society Award. We hope that the 2007 Winners will go on
to even more greater vegan successes in 2008!"
The winners of the 2007 Vegan Society Awards in full are:
* Vegan Achievement Award - Heather Mills
* Best Vegan fairly traded product - Co-op White Wines
* Best Vegan non-food product - Faith In Nature Shampoo
* Best Vegan Catering - Veggies Catering Campaign
* Best Vegan Food Product - Beanies B'Nice Rice Ice Cream
* Best Vegan Drink - Samuel Smith Cherry Beer
* Best Vegan Retailer - Lush
* Best Vegan Eco-Product - Bio-D Washing Up Liquid
* Best Vegan Project/Campaign - Vegan Organic Network
* Best Vegan Accommodation - Fern Tor, Devon
* Vegan Raspberry Award - it could be vegan, but it isn't!
- Quorn - still not vegan because it always contains egg, and
mostly milk too.
The Vegan Society would like to congratulate all the winners of the 2007
Vegan Society Awards. Vegans enjoy a wide range of foods, such as vegan
chocolate cake, vegan ice cream and even vegan bacon. For a free copy
of the Vegan Society's guide 'Eating the Earth', about how your diet
could change the world, call 0845 458 8244 or visit www.vegansociety.com
Contact: Amanda Baker
Mobile: (07847) 664 793 Email: media@...
Notes for Editors
1. Founded in 1944, The Vegan Society promotes vegan lifestyles -
exclude, as far as is possible and practical, all forms of exploitation
animals for food, clothing or any other purpose.
Registered Charity No. 279228, Company Registration No. 1468880, VAT
Registration No. 448 5973 95
PR, Media and Web Officer
Mobile: 07847 664 793 Email: media@...
Tel: (0121) 523 1737 Web: www.vegansociety.com
Address: The Vegan Society, Donald Watson House,
21 Hylton St, Hockley, Birmingham B18 6HJ Reg. Charity No 279228 Company
Reg. No 1468880 VAT Reg. No 448 5973 95
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]