Re: [hkvegan] cooking and preparing flaxseeds

  • Chris B. (bbchris)
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1 10:06 PM
      Hi Cindy,

      Finally listened to all the online nutrition talks! I've always been eating flax seeds and feel even better for doing it now!! hahahahahahahahaha

      Thank you! How's your restaurant doing?

      Have a great summer!

      Chris B

      cindy liang <hanaliang@...> wrote:
      hi chris and casey,

      please listen to this free online nutrition talk (not boring at all!!):
      http://veganmd.org/talks/#nutrition

      yes, accroding to this doctor and many others omega-3 is very important
      to everyone's health, not just vegan. that's the reason many eat fish
      oil, like my mom, she just doesn't know what she is getting from it,
      including the bad stuff like mercury of course :)

      i also throw grounded flax on everything, oatmeal, curry. sprinkle it
      on watermelon, yes watermelon, it got this nutty flavor, that's quite
      alright! but i don't like the glue like thing once it gets wet in soup.

      i usually ground about a pint of flax in a coffee grinder and keep it
      in my freezer for a week or two.

      cindy.