cruelty free shoes

  • dhana100
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 7, 2003
      helo friends,
      i am looking for cruelty-free shoes. in other words, shoes that
      resemble leather but are not leather. are there any shops in hong
      kong that sell such kinds of shoes?
      thanks a lot
      dhana
    • sistersmusic
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 23, 2003
        --- In hkvegan@yahoogroups.com, "dhana100" <dhana100@y...> wrote:
        > helo friends,
        > i am looking for cruelty-free shoes. in other words, shoes that
        > resemble leather but are not leather. are there any shops in hong
        > kong that sell such kinds of shoes?
        > thanks a lot
        > dhana

        I wear Converse all star Hi.

        and Gravis used to produce a model of vegan skateboarding shoes
        called Kona. but they dun make it any more.
      • Chris B. (bbchris)
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 28, 2003
          Wow! Are you one of the Sisters of Sharon?

          sistersmusic <sistersmusic@...> wrote:--- In hkvegan@yahoogroups.com, "dhana100" <dhana100@y...> wrote:
          > helo friends,
          > i am looking for cruelty-free shoes. in other words, shoes that
          > resemble leather but are not leather. are there any shops in hong
          > kong that sell such kinds of shoes?
          > thanks a lot
          > dhana

          I wear Converse all star Hi.

          and Gravis used to produce a model of vegan skateboarding shoes
          called Kona. but they dun make it any more.

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        • sistersmusic
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 29, 2003
            I was playing in a band but am not member of Sister of Sharon.
            Am just a 26 years old Chinese, Male

            --- In hkvegan@yahoogroups.com, "Chris B. \(bbchris\)" <bbchris@y...>
            wrote:
            > Wow! Are you one of the Sisters of Sharon?
            >
            > sistersmusic <sistersmusic@y...> wrote:--- In
            hkvegan@yahoogroups.com, "dhana100" <dhana100@y...> wrote:
            > > helo friends,
            > > i am looking for cruelty-free shoes. in other words, shoes that
            > > resemble leather but are not leather. are there any shops in hong
            > > kong that sell such kinds of shoes?
            > > thanks a lot
            > > dhana
            >
            > I wear Converse all star Hi.
            >
            > and Gravis used to produce a model of vegan skateboarding shoes
            > called Kona. but they dun make it any more.
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            Service.

          • Chris B. (bbchris)
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 29, 2003
              OK! Your yahoo name is really interesting then!! Thanks for contributing to this list.

              I need to know is it OK from time to time to eat honey? I'm hypoglycaemic and cannot eat sugar at all so when I bake my vegan cakes I use dates & honey but however cannot just use dates as they are too heavy... Thanks!

              Chris

              wrote:
              > Wow! Are you one of the Sisters of Sharon?
              >
              > sistersmusic <sistersmusic@y...> wrote:--- In
              hkvegan@yahoogroups.com, "dhana100" <dhana100@y...> wrote:
              > > helo friends,
              > > i am looking for cruelty-free shoes. in other words, shoes that
              > > resemble leather but are not leather. are there any shops in hong
              > > kong that sell such kinds of shoes?
              > > thanks a lot
              > > dhana
              >
              > I wear Converse all star Hi.
              >
              > and Gravis used to produce a model of vegan skateboarding shoes
              > called Kona. but they dun make it any more.
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              Service.

            • punky vegan
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 29, 2003
                theres always maple syrup i guess?

                ---

                But for the sake of some little mouthful of flesh we deprive a soul of the
                sun and light, and of that proportion of life and time it had been born into
                the world to enjoy.
                - Plutarch (c.AD 46 - c.120)

                http://www.liberation-mag.org.uk/

                >OK! Your yahoo name is really interesting then!! Thanks for contributing
                >to this list.
                >
                >I need to know is it OK from time to time to eat honey? I'm hypoglycaemic
                >and cannot eat sugar at all so when I bake my vegan cakes I use dates &
                >honey but however cannot just use dates as they are too heavy... Thanks!
                >
                >Chris
                >
                >sistersmusic <sistersmusic@...> wrote:
                >I was playing in a band but am not member of Sister of Sharon.
                >Am just a 26 years old Chinese, Male
                >

                >--- In hkvegan@yahoogroups.com, "Chris B. \(bbchris\)" <bbchris@y...>
                >wrote:
                > > Wow! Are you one of the Sisters of Sharon?
                > >
                > > sistersmusic <sistersmusic@y...> wrote:--- In
                >hkvegan@yahoogroups.com, "dhana100" <dhana100@y...> wrote:
                > > > helo friends,
                > > > i am looking for cruelty-free shoes. in other words, shoes that
                > > > resemble leather but are not leather. are there any shops in hong
                > > > kong that sell such kinds of shoes?
                > > > thanks a lot
                > > > dhana
                > >
                > > I wear Converse all star Hi.
                > >
                > > and Gravis used to produce a model of vegan skateboarding shoes
                > > called Kona. but they dun make it any more.
                > >

                > > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                >Service.

              • Chris B. (bbchris)
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 29, 2003
                  Is that ok? The Canadian stuff right?

                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 30, 2003
                    doenst necessarily have to be canadian lol.
                    even the taikoo brand syrup will do

                    ---

                    But for the sake of some little mouthful of flesh we deprive a soul of the
                    sun and light, and of that proportion of life and time it had been born into
                    the world to enjoy.
                    - Plutarch (c.AD 46 - c.120)

                    http://www.liberation-mag.org.uk/

                    >Is that ok? The Canadian stuff right?
                    >
                    >punky vegan <punkyvegan@...> wrote:
                    >theres always maple syrup i guess?
                    >

                    >---
                    >
                    >But for the sake of some little mouthful of flesh we deprive a soul of the
                    >sun and light, and of that proportion of life and time it had been born
                    >into
                    >the world to enjoy.
                    >- Plutarch (c.AD 46 - c.120)
                    >
                    >http://www.liberation-mag.org.uk/
                    >

                    > >OK! Your yahoo name is really interesting then!! Thanks for
                    >contributing
                    > >to this list.
                    > >
                    > >I need to know is it OK from time to time to eat honey? I'm
                    >hypoglycaemic
                    > >and cannot eat sugar at all so when I bake my vegan cakes I use dates &
                    > >honey but however cannot just use dates as they are too heavy...
                    >Thanks!
                    > >
                    > >Chris
                    > >
                    > >sistersmusic <sistersmusic@...> wrote:
                    > >I was playing in a band but am not member of Sister of Sharon.
                    > >Am just a 26 years old Chinese, Male
                    > >

                    > >--- In hkvegan@yahoogroups.com, "Chris B. \(bbchris\)" <bbchris@y...>
                    > >wrote:
                    > > > Wow! Are you one of the Sisters of Sharon?
                    > > >
                    > > > sistersmusic <sistersmusic@y...> wrote:--- In
                    > > >
                    > > > I wear Converse all star Hi.
                    > > >
                    > > > and Gravis used to produce a model of vegan skateboarding shoes
                    > > > called Kona. but they dun make it any more.

                    > >Service.

                    >Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                    No masks required! Use MSN Messenger to chat with friends and family.
                    http://go.msnserver.com/HK/25382.asp
                  • Chris B. (bbchris)
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 30, 2003
                      I have to check to see if it is legitimate stuff.

                      I can only eat certain honeys as some of the unscrupulous honey manufacturers feed their bees sugar so the honey gives me an attack. Taikoo brand makes me suspicious because it's Taikoo....

                      Thanks for posting!!

                      HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 30, 2003
                        i guess i dont eat honey...but rest assured, taikoo syrup is vegan

                        happy 2004 to you too

                        ---

                        But for the sake of some little mouthful of flesh we deprive a soul of the
                        sun and light, and of that proportion of life and time it had been born into
                        the world to enjoy.
                        - Plutarch (c.AD 46 - c.120)

                        http://www.liberation-mag.org.uk/

                        >I have to check to see if it is legitimate stuff.
                        >
                        >I can only eat certain honeys as some of the unscrupulous honey
                        >manufacturers feed their bees sugar so the honey gives me an attack.
                        >Taikoo brand makes me suspicious because it's Taikoo....
                        >
                        >Thanks for posting!!
                        >
                        >HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
                        >
                        >punky vegan <punkyvegan@...> wrote:
                        >
                        >doenst necessarily have to be canadian lol.
                        >even the taikoo brand syrup will do
                        >

                        >---
                        >
                        >But for the sake of some little mouthful of flesh we deprive a soul of the
                        >sun and light, and of that proportion of life and time it had been born
                        >into
                        >the world to enjoy.
                        >- Plutarch (c.AD 46 - c.120)
                        >
                        >http://www.liberation-mag.org.uk/
                        >

                        > >Is that ok? The Canadian stuff right?
                        > >
                        > >punky vegan <punkyvegan@...> wrote:
                        > >theres always maple syrup i guess?
                        > >

                        > >---
                        > >
                        > >But for the sake of some little mouthful of flesh we deprive a soul of
                        >the
                        > >sun and light, and of that proportion of life and time it had been born
                        > >into
                        > >the world to enjoy.
                        > >- Plutarch (c.AD 46 - c.120)
                        > >
                        > >http://www.liberation-mag.org.uk/
                        > >

                        > > >OK! Your yahoo name is really interesting then!! Thanks for
                        > >contributing
                        > > >to this list.
                        > > >
                        > > >I need to know is it OK from time to time to eat honey? I'm
                        > >hypoglycaemic
                        > > >and cannot eat sugar at all so when I bake my vegan cakes I use dates &
                        > > >honey but however cannot just use dates as they are too heavy...
                        > >Thanks!
                        > > >
                        > > >Chris
                        > > >
                        > > >sistersmusic <sistersmusic@...> wrote:
                        > > >I was playing in a band but am not member of Sister of Sharon.
                        > > >Am just a 26 years old Chinese, Male
                        > > >

                        > > >--- In hkvegan@yahoogroups.com, "Chris B. \(bbchris\)" <bbchris@y...>

                        > > >Service.

                        >Service.

                        > >Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                        >No masks required! Use MSN Messenger to chat with friends and family.
                        >http://go.msnserver.com/HK/25382.asp
                        >

                        >Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                        Linguaphone : Learning English? Get Japanese lessons for FREE
                        http://go.msnserver.com/HK/30476.asp
                      • sistersmusic
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jan 1, 2004
                          taikoo's maple syrup ?

                          Message 12 of 13 , Jan 1, 2004
                            Sorry to be confusing but I cannot eat sugar so for me I need to check if I can consume Taikoo syrup - if it is made from sugar I cannot eat it whether it is vegan or not!
                            THANKS!

                            Happy New Year!!

                            Chris B.

                            Message 13 of 13 , Jan 5, 2004