[HJMatMeth] Re: Logic

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2000
      My answer will be very simple, David. I have absolutely no training and not
      much interest in formal logic. I do not have, as you asked, "a formal way of
      looking at the propositions you make to confirm whether the resulting
      conclusions follow logically." On the other hand, I am absolutely willing to
      have somebody review anything I have written using whatever system of formal
      logic they deem appropriate. I will only ask, of course, that the same be
      used on any other researcher's project. In other words, I would want the
      formal-logic review to be comparative. That might be helpful in ways that I
      do not presently understand. It has, however, been my experience that
      reviewers who tell me this or that or everything is illogical simply work
      themselves from different historical presuppositions and/or covert
      theological presuppositions.