dating HIV+ woman

  • juno1957
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 14, 2001
      I just started dating a girl, some would call her
      a transexual, actually she is a woman with XXY<br>
      chromosomes and she has what they call <br> Klinefelder's
      Syndrome (did I spell it right?) and she is HIV+. She has
      pneumonia, they are X raying<br> to see if it is
      pneumocystic.<br><br> I would like to be certain that her medical care
      is the best. Unfortunately, we are not married, or
      even<br> close to that yet, so I cannot put her on my
      medical plan. She lives in another town (SF) and I
      see<br> her on weekends. Suggestions for making sure her
      medical care is correctly done?
    • polfireambl
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 13, 2001
        I was just diagnosed today, about an hour ago. My
        biggest fear is not my health, because I am healthy and
        very athletic and I have worked with all of my doctors
        before. My biggest problem is telling my mother. I'm a 23
        year old, only child and my mom is in the process of
        helping me move into my first home. I am still her baby.
        I know that this is going to be a huge stab to her
      • daveyboy_can
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 20, 2001
          ********* THE HIV/AIDS NETWORK
          *********<br><br>The HIV/AIDS Network is a group of over 10 online
          websites that cover support and connecting people (all
          sexual preferences and even kids) to the resources they
          require.<br><br>An extensive market survey has revealed that no
          other organization in the world presently on the
          internet which compares with The HIV/AIDS Network in terms
          of features, chat rooms, support, meeting services,
          forums, etc. Others may have one or two of these services
          for a certain sexual preference, but our network
          covers everyone and every know service (if we have
          missed something, let us know please as we want to
          include everyone - NO DISCRIMINATION).<br><br>Our support
          and meeting services are only online (internet based)
          at the moment. They include chat rooms, message
          forums, dating and pen-pal personals, links to resources,
          free web hosting, etc. See <a href=http://www.POZ.ca target=new>http://www.POZ.ca</a> for our
          services.<br><br>The increasing concerns about HIV infection in North
          AMerica must be focused on. We have poster designs ready
          for photographer and printing. These posters
          (HIV/AIDS Awareness and Safe and reminder to get HIV test
          regularly) we will send to libraries, schools and health
          clinics across Canada and then USA. We will need a head
          office to run these services with a few staff members.
          We will also get volunteers by offering them
          computer training and work experience. From this head
          office, local people can use our computers to use our
          online services. Head office hopefull next
          summer...<br><br>Our online services will be particularly valuable in
          rural locations of Canada where no local organizations
          exist. People can log in privately from home and have a
          counselors to chat with or answer questions from the online
          forums. Even local libraries across Canada have internet
          access, so rural people with internet or computer can
          surf here for free. We will assist those less
          fortunate to acquire a computer of their own and teach them
          how to use FREENET (free internet provider that is
          very slow and has advertisements).<br><br>*********
          WHY? *********<br><br>The idea for this HIV/AIDS
          Network was conceived by David Browne as a result of
          numerous inquiries received from our first project The
          Canadian Hetero POZ Community regarding services similar
          for other sexuality groups such as gay, lesbian,
          bisexual, heterosexual, etc. We also received many emails
          asking where to find certain information on the internet
          relating to HIV/AIDS research and up to date
          NEWS/information, so we created The HIV/AIDS Search Engine. We also
          received questions needing to be answered by
          professionals, so we created The HIV/AIDS Forums. Many requests
          came for HIV dating and friendship making so we set up
          The HIV/AIDS Chat Sever and made The HIV/AIDS Dating
          Support @ <a href=http://www.heteropoz.com/ target=new>http://www.heteropoz.com/</a> or Canadian @
        • juno1957
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 22, 2001
            I have recently made friends with an intersexed
            woman in San Francisco. (My interpretation of
            "intersexed" is that she experienced little or no confusion
            about being a woman, in other words, she always viewed
            herself as a feminine female, but she happened to be born
            with a penis. Is this different from transsexuals and
            transgendered women? Please correct me if I am
            mistaken.)<br><br>She has a history of drug abuse. She also may have
            some mental health issues. She has even been suicidal
            on occasion. I believe she is quite lucid and
            rational in one respect at least: she needs sexual
            reassignment surgery. However, she is living on SSI in a
            single room occupancy hotel. She is so financially
            strapped that she struggles to pay her rent and eat
            regularly. How can I help her to raise the funds to pay for
            her surgery? (In Thailand, it would cost ~$16,000; in
            Mexico, ~$7,000, I believe.)<br><br>I neglected to
            mention that she is HIV+. Our number one priority of
            course is keeping her in good health, so that she lives
            long enough to get the surgery done. I am still
            wondering how I could help her to obtain the financing. Are
            there any charities that help out in this area?
            Foundations?<br>Thanks,<br>John
          • juno1957
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 25, 2001
              My friend has HIV. She feels fairly good right
              now, and it seems that maybe she is not scared enough,
              especially in light of having recently received word that
              her T cell count was high (800). However, she did
              just recently get over a bout with pneumonia. She
              refuses to take the antivirals, telling me that they
              would slim down her already small breasts and hips. I
              am not too sure what to tell her. I wonder if I
              might start by visiting the doctor together with her? I
              also found out today that the antivirals have some
              heavy duty side effects as well. <br><br>Any thoughts?
              Comments? Suggestions?
            • ladyspice11
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 26, 2001
                If she hasnt been on anti-virals yet,she should
                wait until her physcian feels the necessity to start
                if she is going against the recommendations that she
                starts shes making a serious mistake if not shes doing
                the right thing.