RE: [The HIV/AIDS Network] Re: Hello

  • win zip
    Message 1 of 25 , Jul 26, 2010
      HI--I started on Atripla 3 weeks ago and have had NO side effects whatsoever. I guess I"m lucky in that regards. The one thing about the pill is that one of the ingredients will cause you to fail a drug test (apparently its similar to pot) so if you have to take a test be sure you have a doctors note.

      I also take the pill at night before I go to bed. I have another blood test coming up in a couple of weeks and it will be interesting to see what Atripla has done to my t-cell and viral load counts.

      The only bad part of Atripla is the cost--$2,000 per month and I'm on Medicare so I'm in and out of the donut hole quicker than you can say Jack Rabbit.

      To: hivaidsnetwork@yahoogroups.com
      From: midmale01@...
      Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 14:08:17 -0700
      Subject: Re: [The HIV/AIDS Network] Re: Hello

      hello from ohio,,, i been on atripla for over a year now,,there are side
      effects,, i seem to suffer them all,,the dizziness will pass,,it is best to take
      at night before bed so you will sleep through most side effects,, myself i tend
      to get bad stomach problems from meds, neasuea and vommiting,,, i take my meds
      wait a couple hrs eat a little that seems to help me,, this is my 3rd
      coctail,,my t cells reacted fast from 300 to over 800 while viral load
      diassapeared fast,, my levels were really bed,,, stick with it and try to keep a
      schedudle so you don't miss any meds as atripla isn't forgiving and you don't
      want to become ristant,,,and be sure to drink plently of water,,you need to wash
      the meds into your system and wash them out of your liver where they can cause
      harm.......lote of water i cann't stress that enough,,if you don't like water
      invest into some sort of filter,,i have a reverse osmossis and a britta pitcher
      i keep refrigrated,,,keep strong....mike

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 25 , Aug 5, 2010
        ---- win zip <winzipped100@...> wrote:
        I'd like to say thank you for the tip about one of the ingredients causing one to fail a drug test.Due to the effects being similar to pot.My husband has been on Atripla since January 2009. Needless to say he's also a truck driver they also require them to take what I call suprise drug testing which is a good thing. I do want to say that I very much appreciate being a part of such a wonderful group.The counts to dissipate with the Atripla I know .As my husbands counts used to be high but,the more time he's been on Atripla the counts are getting better.We just continue to pray for him and others whom are on it that they will be able to continue to take it and won't develop resistance to it.Keep good thoughts think positive thoughts and when you feel like no one cares take a look in the mirror and say:
        " THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO CARE ABOUT ME EVEN THOUGH I AM HIV POSITIVE ! "
        " I AM HUMAN AND WE ALL PUT ON OUR PANTS THE SAME WAY ! "
        "GOD LOVES US ALL NO MATTER WHAT ! "
        Jamie

        =============

        To: hivaidsnetwork@yahoogroups.com

        I was diagnosed in may 2010 and I'm currently on atripla tell me more about its
        track record

        ------------------------------------

        http://www.AIDSchat.org - Meet other POZ online 24/7!

        http://www.HIVdate.com - Over 10,000 HIV+ members for dating/penpals.

        http://www.HIVforum.com - Post Q&A about HIV/AIDS.

        http://www.HIVAIDSsearch.com - POZ Portal.

        http://www.MedChecker.com - Medical resources.

        http://www.HIV-Testing.org - Only FDA approved home anonymous HIV test kit!

        All sites are created and funded by DaveyBoy (make a contribution on http://poz.ca/donate/ to help keep free sites going).

        FUN STUFF (non HIV):

        http://www.ComedySearchEngine.com - comedy search engine
        http://www.VirtualHolyBible.com - read & study Bible online
        http://www.ImageGenerator.org - create free graphics online
        http://www.SillyWebcam.com - play with your webcam online
        http://www.AskMeThat.com - post question, get reply by email
        http://www.Canuckster.com - Canadian stuff only, Canada Eh
        http://www.Syncrisis.com - search Yahoo/Google at same time
        http://www.FotoTrix.com - upload photo to 2,500 fun templates
        http://www.WHAK.com - Funny radio (Howard Stern, pranks, etc)
      • Jane
        Message 3 of 25 , Jan 29, 2012
          Feeling so emotional lately..I am a young 50 yrs old..very active, and love to be around people. I find myself making excuses not to go out with friends just because it seems depressing now. I was just wondering if there is anyone else that feels alone and no hope for anything else. I live in a very very small town..and the stigma is very real here so I keep my status to myself and a few family members and have kind of shut down to meeting for dating. Is it really that hard to find a male who is upbeat and wants to find the same. I don't like chat rooms etc because I find people exaggerate their profiles or there are scammers that I don't even acknowledge. I am a very simple person with alot to bring to a relationship..but highly doubt it will be around here..any thoughts??
        • Lyn Tobias
          Message 4 of 25 , Jan 30, 2012
            i feel exactly th same. Diagnosis in 2005 placed such a wedge in th relationship we eventually split n are only just communicating well again, and although i have dated n am totally open re my status i sit at home mostly wondering if i will ever totally overcome th issues that arise from being positive, however life is a journey i still feel priveledged to be on; although it can be difficult to accept and adapt maybe, th paths i was happy taking.

            ------------------------------

            Message 5 of 25 , Jan 30, 2012
              I've started this reply three times but each time I keep erasing it because it just seemed to be a bunch of platitudes. However here's version 4:
              You have a problem. it's not a life threatning problem if you follow your doctors orders. I found that I just put it out of my mind and continue to live life as I did before (with certain exceptions--haha). I too live in a small town and you're smart to keep your condition to yourself--its nobody else's business and there's nothing they can do for you.
              You don't have a big sign that hangs around your neck saying: BEWARE--HIV PERSON and for most hiv is visually undetectable.
              For some reason people seem to equate dating to sex but it doesn't have to be that way. Friends are just that--people to go out with,have fun, and at the end of the night say: "Lets be sure to do this again".
              It's only when it reaches "that" stage that problems arise. Obvioulsy you must tell them in advance of your condition (its the law) but by that time you should have been able to figure out through conversation their thoughts on AIDS/HIV and if they're totally opposed to dealing with someone who has it then they're not the lasting relationship you're looking for and you haven't outed yourself. (I usually use a line such as: "boy I sure wouldn't want to be a young person dating these days--what with the threat of AIDS etc. It must be hard" that opens the door to further comments).
              I've also found by putting a blind ad on Craigs List that says something like: "looking for pos friendly people" quickly narrows the field and determines who's really out there.
              Your town probably doesn't have an AIDS support group (mine doesn't) but your health provider or case worker may have other clients who are also looking for companionship and although confidentialy would prohibit him from giving you their names, you might ask him to pass along your name if the subject comes up.
              You might also ask if there's a PFLAG (Parents/friends of lesbians and gay) chapter in the area. This group may be a resource for you.
              In closing let me say that having HIV is not the end of your social life and at your age with your personality there is somebody out there for you--you just have to work at it and look a little harder than you use to.
              Good luck

              To: hivaidsnetwork@yahoogroups.com
              From: jane_paff@...
              Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 17:20:24 +0000
              Subject: [The HIV/AIDS Network] Hello

              Feeling so emotional lately..I am a young 50 yrs old..very active, and love to be around people. I find myself making excuses not to go out with friends just because it seems depressing now. I was just wondering if there is anyone else that feels alone and no hope for anything else. I live in a very very small town..and the stigma is very real here so I keep my status to myself and a few family members and have kind of shut down to meeting for dating. Is it really that hard to find a male who is upbeat and wants to find the same. I don't like chat rooms etc because I find people exaggerate their profiles or there are scammers that I don't even acknowledge. I am a very simple person with alot to bring to a relationship..but highly doubt it will be around here..any thoughts??

            • Jane Paff
              Message 6 of 25 , Jan 30, 2012
                Hey Winzipped..thanks for the feedback. I am fine living with this virus..I do
                spend alot of time with friends and family..I go out regularly with my friends
                and we always have a blast. I am very healthy..undectable since 3 months after I
                started taking meds in 2003. I don't equate sex with dating...really that is the
                last thing on my mind.. I have met through my caseworker several other people
                with HIV and actually went on a retreat last Sept. The problem is..I have yet to
                meet a hetero male here who is pos..There are plenty of resources here for help
                but I am ok with the virus..its still definitely stigmatized here due to being
                uneducated about it. I am going out with a couple pos gf's this weekend..but
                again..I am afraid to open up to strangers...so its probably my own
                insecurities.

                sincerely,
                Jane A. Benson