An Introduction

  • George White Eagle
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 5, 2002
      I sent the following (although edited for length here) to Dave's e-
      mail address but it was returned as his e-mail box is full. So, I
      thought I would share this information about myself with the members.

      Hi Dave,

      Just came across your site in Yahoo. What an accomplishment.
      I have been very involved in AIDS work in San Francisco/Bay Area, CA
      for a number of years. I was the editor of Most Holy Redeemer AIDS
      Support Group Newsletter for a number of years. I also put out my
      own newsletter in the early 1990's entitled "Exploring New Frontiers"
      which I published with my social security check and donations. I was
      the contact person to enable PWA's to go to a retreat in the
      foothills of the Sierra Mountains to a place called Catherine's House
      for a good number of years.

      I have since relocated back to PA to be closer to my family. My
      health remains the same as it has been for years to that is not the
      reason for my move. I am not setting up "shop" and trying to
      discover what is my next "mission." Obviously after 13 years poz
      and still relatively health there is a purpose. I facilitate
      workshops in "Empowerment" and did so for many agencies in San
      Francisco to include MHR-ASG, Continuum, SF AIDS Foundation, Kairos
      House, and a few other places to include my own living space.

      I am now getting connected with Chester County AIDS Support Group
      here in PA and am considering starting my own nonprofit agency with a
      similar goal as yours in stopping the spread of AIDS and being
      supportive to those who are infected. I believe in self-
      "EMPOWERMENT" and this is one of the most popular workshops I
      facilitate (and most powerful).

      I think your site is one of the best I have seen and congratulate
      you on all your efforts. If I can be of any assistance please let me
      know.

      I had monitored an AIDS Chat once a week back a few years ago and was
      amazed at the very basic questions people were asking. Of course I
      realize why they were so uninformed, but still was amazed. I believe
      the same is true today and probably there is another factor which is
      that many believe that there are meds that will take care
      of "everything."

      I hope to be able to go into the local schools and speak to groups of
      teenagers as they are the most vulnerable.

      The e-mail address I use for personal connections is

      skawanbli@...

      ska = white
      wanbli = eagle

      This is a name I received at Chaco Canyon and confirmed by the Navajo
      Native Americans. I am not Native American by blood.

      I am also going to post a few photos taken in the foothills of the
      Sierra Mountains, CA within the past year.

      I honor the Spirit within Us.
    • Steve Adams
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 7, 2002
        --- George White Eagle wrote:> I sent the following (although edited for length> here) to Dave's e-> mail address but it was returned as his e-mail box> is full. So, I > thought I would share this information about myself> with the members.> > Hi Dave,> > Just came across your site in Yahoo. What an> accomplishment.> I have been very involved in AIDS work in San> Francisco/Bay Area, CA > for a number of years. I was the editor of Most> Holy Redeemer AIDS > Support Group Newsletter for a number of years. I> also put out my > own newsletter in the early 1990's entitled> "Exploring New Frontiers" > which I published with my social security check and> donations. I was > the contact person to enable PWA's to go to a> retreat in the > foothills of the Sierra Mountains to a place called> Catherine's House > for a good number of years.> > I have since relocated back to PA to be closer to my> family. My > health remains the same as it has been for years to> that is not the > reason for my move. I am not setting up "shop" and> trying to > discover what is my next "mission." Obviously after> 13 years poz > and still relatively health there is a purpose. I> facilitate > workshops in "Empowerment" and did so for many> agencies in San > Francisco to include MHR-ASG, Continuum, SF AIDS> Foundation, Kairos > House, and a few other places to include my own> living space.> > I am now getting connected with Chester County AIDS> Support Group > here in PA and am considering starting my own> nonprofit agency with a > similar goal as yours in stopping the spread of AIDS> and being > supportive to those who are infected. I believe in> self-> "EMPOWERMENT" and this is one of the most popular> workshops I > facilitate (and most powerful).> > I think your site is one of the best I have seen and> congratulate > you on all your efforts. If I can be of any> assistance please let me > know.> > I had monitored an AIDS Chat once a week back a few> years ago and was > amazed at the very basic questions people were> asking. Of course I > realize why they were so uninformed, but still was> amazed. I believe > the same is true today and probably there is another> factor which is > that many believe that there are meds that will take> care > of "everything."> > I hope to be able to go into the local schools and> speak to groups of > teenagers as they are the most vulnerable.> > The e-mail address I use for personal connections is> > > skawanbli@...> > ska = white> wanbli = eagle> > This is a name I received at Chaco Canyon and> confirmed by the Navajo > Native Americans. I am not Native American by blood.> > I am also going to post a few photos taken in the> foothills of the > Sierra Mountains, CA within the past year.> > I honor the Spirit within Us.> > > > > Howdy! George White Eagle Dave is offline til he completes moving. He should be back soon. If everything goes well. Tex

      • George Chester County
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 10, 2002
          Thanks Tex,

          I just recently moved across the country (USA) and know what it is
          like. If you speak to Dave tell him my Spirit is with him.

          I've decided to bring back to life the newsletter I put out in the
          early 1990's, entitled, "Exploring New Frontiers - A Chronicle of and
          for people with hiv concerns."

          I have changed the name slightly to: "Exploring New Frontiers - A
          Chronicle Of And For People With Life Challenging Illnesses." I am
          not sure of the "Illnesses" part, but it isn't that important at this
          time.

          The original newsletter had a mailing list of over 800 and was sent
          all over the country. Bernie Siegle, Elizabeth Kubler-Ross,
          Elizabeth Taylor, the President of the U.S.A. and many other notables
          were on the mailing list.

          The newsletter was basically uplifting personal stories of courage
          and challenge from people living with hiv and/or family and friends.

          Once I get it together I would like to ask the members of this group
          if they would like to write an article. I explain that we are not
          out to win any literary awards so the writing doesn't have to be
          perfect. Article can be anonymous or use a fictious name. I also
          explain that there are so many benefits by writing out one's story
          not only to the writer but to those who read the articles. It has
          been my experience that many of us need to speak out and writing is a
          means of doing that.

          I think this is a great site and I am happy I came across it. Give
          my best to Dave.

          I honor the Spirit within Us,
          George White Eagle

          ska = white
          wanbli = eagle
          in the Sioux language
        • Steve Adams
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 16, 2002
            Dear George, So sorry! I
            just discovered some emails I never opened and read.
            Yours was one of them.
            Where did you move from/to? Back on June
            1 I moved from northern Nevada to Massachusetts.(From
            near Carson City-Reno area to the Boston area.)
            I think it would be nice if
            you brought back the newsletter. Dave's site might
            even be a good point of distribution too.
            That is quite an impressive
            list of previous readers. If I
            get the time I certainly would try to contribute some
            articles. If you link it to other groups I
            think you might have quite a list of contributors and
            readers. I have found that lots of folks would like to
            tell their stories. Just drop me a line when you are
            ready.( I will try not to lose your mail next time)
            Ha! LOL! Hugs, Tex

          • George Chester County
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 18, 2002
              Hi Steve, (Tex)

              Thanks for responding.
              I moved from the foothills of the Sierra Mountains in Central
              California where I lived for 2 years. Before that I lived in San
              Francisco for 10 years (a second time 8 years the 1st time). I moved
              there again in 1990 when I tested positive because I was NOT going to
              succumb to this virus.

              The newsletter was very successful and very positive. I was
              publishing it with my Social Security check and the "kindness of
              friends and strangers." However at the time, I realized that I had to
              get out of living in a dark, damp, and dank garage and take care of
              myself instead of taking care of others. So, I put a halt to the
              newsletter and my facilitating workshops. Once I got settled I
              became the editor of several AIDS agency's newsletters as well as
              began facilitating workshops and other volunteer work in San
              Francisco. I moved to the foothills for financial reasons and that
              The City had changed.

              I have already received e-mails from a few people as a result of the
              posting on this wonderful site. One in particular that has touched
              me is from someone in Yugoslavia. So, it looks as if the newsletter
              will go worldwide this time. I do need help as I am familiar with
              the computer, but not the inner workings. I use Microsoft Publisher
              to make the paper copy of the newsletter, but I don't think I can do
              that on line because not everyone has Publisher. I would like to
              create a web site, but once again I am a much better artist and
              creative individual than I am a computer technician.

              It has been my experience that we all have a need to tell our stories
              and have someone listen. Getting it out of us is very healing, and
              hearing the stories of others tells us we are not alone. Many,
              unfortunately suffer alone. We need to help change that.

              I ask that stories in this newsletter talk about the challenges, but
              also talk about the strengths, courage, and how each of us overcome
              these challenges we are faced with on almost a daily basis. As you
              know there are some very courageous people out there. And although
              what works for one doesn't necessarily work for all, knowing of other
              options to helping heal or keep ourselves healthy is very beneficial.

              And so Tex, however you may be able to help would not be helping me,
              but helping to keep the human love and compassion flowing to so many
              of our brothers and sisters out there who would benefit from a
              knowing and compassionate hand to hold once in awhile.

              I honor the Spirit within Us,
              George White Eagle
            • Steve Adams
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 18, 2002
> [...]
                > that.
                >
                > I ask that stories in this newsletter talk about the
                > challenges, but
                > also talk about the strengths, courage, and how each
                > of us overcome
                > these challenges we are faced with on almost a daily
                > basis. As you
                > know there are some very courageous people out
                > there. And although
                > what works for one doesn't necessarily work for all,
                > knowing of other
                > options to helping heal or keep ourselves healthy is
                > very beneficial.
                >
                > And so Tex, however you may be able to help would
                > not be helping me,
                > but helping to keep the human love and compassion
                > flowing to so many
                > of our brothers and sisters out there who would
                > benefit from a
                > knowing and compassionate hand to hold once in

                Hi! George I will get
                back to you as soon as I can. I have been getting
                buried with lots of hiv emails that need my
                attention. I used to do hiv/aids research which
                is where my strength is. Back
                later. Tex

                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 19, 2002
                  Female POZ Playboy bunny. WANNA HAVE SUM FUN?
                  623-869-8691 OR CELL 602-290-8153
                  Marla Wing