Re: [historyofmartialartsinhawaii] File - WE NEED HISTORICAL M.A. INFO FROM YOU!

  • Garrett Wells Jr.
    Message 1 of 42 , Oct 14, 2011
      No, sorry.  I only know of my brother's sensei and Hongwanji.

      Sent from my iPad

      On Oct 14, 2011, at 2:17 PM, braddah shano <shanoknowsmma@...> wrote:

         There used to be Judo classes at U of Honolulu, Windward campus, but i can't recall his name.
       Do you know him?

      From: Garrett Wells Jr. <ehukai2003@...>
      To: "historyofmartialartsinhawaii@yahoogroups.com" <historyofmartialartsinhawaii@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Saturday, October 1, 2011, 11:19 AM

      You might want to check with the Boys and Girls club judo.  Sensei Fujitani is nisei, and my brother's first sensei.  He's a grandmaster in judo, I think in kobukan?  Anyway, it's a really reputable organization that has produced great students.

      Sent from my iPad

      On Oct 1, 2011, at 9:26 AM, historyofmartialartsinhawaii@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      Dear Members,

      We appreciate your patronage and welcome you to enjoy and share in all we can offer but...

      ...we cannot do it alone and would GREATLY value your contributions in the way of historical pics/information, bio's and stories.

      Right now we are greatly lacking in information on JUDO, KUNG FU, KICKBOXING and FILIPINO MARTIAL ARTS HISTORY IN HAWAII.

      If you can, ask your friends, family members, parents, grandparents and teachers...there HAS TO BE more info available from other sources.

      Let's do our part and show the world the rich heritage of Hawaii's Martial Arts History!

      Just post it here or send it to:

      historyofmartialartsinhawaii-owner@yahoogroups.com

      If anyone can help out please do!

      mahalo nui loa