Re: [historyofmartialartsinhawaii] KSDI Tourney UNion City,CA July 2011

  • Tasi Alo
    Message 1 of 6 , May 7, 2011
      This tournament is backed by the K.S.D.I. KaJuKenBo, NorCal K.S.D.I. and Unity Filipino Martial Arts Council (UFMAC). or coalition rules. Not WEKAF or Dog Brothers

      ALOHA    pic00918.gif picture by Nokaoimaui
             http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd263/Nokaoimaui/Serrada-Kaju-Pulahan%20Derobio%20EsKrima-Martial%20Arts/813254361_m.gif?t=1293401263

      Message 2 of 6 , May 7, 2011
        is there a link to the rules of this new style of fighting?

        Thank you so much.

        Tim

        Message 3 of 6 , May 7, 2011
          http://ufmac.org/ufmac-rules.html

          UFMAC RULES AT A GLANCE

          DIVISIONS:

          The competitive divisions include Padded Point Sparring, Continuous Padded Sparring, Single Stick Live, Double Stick Live, Saltikan Armorless, Carenza (Forms), Team Padded Point, and Team Single Stick Live.

          General Combative Regulations

          SAFETY GEAR:

          Required safety equipment shall consist of an appropriate helmet with facemask, a mouthpiece, and padded gloves. Male competitors must wear protective cups. Live stickfighting competitors must wear standard body armor for that type of competition. Saltikan competitors may not wear body armor on their torsos. Elbow pads, forearm pads, knee pads, thigh pads, shin guards, and athletic shoes are optional. Facemasks used with unpadded sticks must be of metal construction. Non-metal facemasks may be required for padded competition in order to reduce damage to the weapons.

          STANDARD INFRACTIONS:

          The following standard infractions reflect violations common among the rules of FMA combative competition. Misconduct not specifically addressed may be covered under one of the listed infractions.

          Fouls include:
          1. Striking to any invalid target areas.
          2. Any illegal clinching, grabbing, pushing, or the use of grappling moves.
          3. Turning one's back to deliver a "blind" technique or avoid being scored upon.
          4. Any illegal hand checking.
          5. Leaving the ring with both feet.
          6. Striking a downed opponent.
          7. Any face masking, holding, or checking to the face.
          8. Any continuous attack after the referee calls "Break!"
          9. Any unnecessary delaying tactics.
          10. Using foul language.
          11. Any show of disrespect, unsportsmanlike conduct, or temper.

          The following actions are grounds for automatic disqualification:
          1. Any thrust with weapon point or strike with weapon base.
          2. Any karate blows, punches, kicks, elbow or knee strikes, or head butts.
          3. Any attempt to trip, sweep, take down, or throw an opponent.
          4. Any attempt to wrench, break, or damage a joint or joints.
          5. Any attempt to use choking techniques.
          6. Use of any clearly dangerous technique.
          7. Arguing with officials or refusing to follow their instructions.
          8. Flagrant or repeated violations of any rule or combination of rules.
          9. Causing a match-ending injury to an opponent through use of a disallowed or
          dangerous technique.

          PENALTY ASSESSMENT:

          The method of assessing penalties is based on the type of competition.

          Padded Point - After three warnings for standard foul techniques, a competitor shall be disqualified.
          Live Stickfighting - First infraction: Casual warning

          * Second infraction: Official warning/Judges notified
          * Third infraction: Point deduction
          * Fourth infraction: Point deduction
          * Fifth infraction: Disqualification

          Continuous Padded & Saltikan:
          * First infraction per round: Warning
          * Each repeat of same infraction per round: Point deduction

          LOSS OF WEAPON:

          The method for dealing with the loss of a weapon is based on the type of competition.

          * Padded Point – No penalty
          * Single Stick Live – First two losses of weapon: Point deduction - Third loss of weapon: TKO
          * Double Stick Live – Loss of one stick: No penalty, returned upon break - Loss of both sticks: TKO
          * Continuous Padded & Saltikan – First loss of weapon per match: Warning Each additional weapon loss: Point deduction

          STANDARD DURATION OF MATCHES:

          The standard match lengths are determined by the type of competition. For championship bouts, longer matches or larger point totals may be established.

          Padded Point – Single two-minute round, or the first competitor to score six pts.
          All Others – Two rounds of one minute each. (Alternate: 45-second rounds.)

          STANDARD TARGET AREAS:

          Target areas are determined by the type of competition.

          Padded Point, Continuous Padded, & Saltikan – body above the waist and legs between the knees and ankles, excluding the neck and back surface of the body & legs.

          Live Stickfighting – body above the knees excluding the neck, groin, and back surface of the thighs. Valid target areas on the back surface of the body may only be hit with curving strikes while the competitors are facing.

          SALUTATION PROCEDURE:

          The competitors must salute as directed by the referee.

          SCORING PADDED POINT COMPETITION:

          Two points are scored for any strike to the top, front, and sides of the helmet; the weapon arm (including the hand); and the front and sides of the torso above the waist. One point is scored for strikes to the non-weapon arm (including the hand) and the front and sides of the legs (from just below the knees to just above the ankles). Two of the three officials must signal the same number of points to the same competitor in order for a technique to be scored.

          SCORING CONTINUOUS COMPETITION:

          The scoring of continuous padded, live, and saltikan competition shall be by the "Ten Point Must" system. Under this scoring system, each judge must give at least one of the competitors a score of 10 points in each round. If both competitors perform equally well, regardless of how skilled or unskilled that might be, each shall be awarded 10 points for the round. If one competitor performs better, even if his or her efforts display a low level of expertise, he or she shall be awarded 10 points. The lesser performing competitor shall be awarded 9, 8, or 7 points, depending upon how his or her performance compares to that of the round winner. Each judge's final score equals the sum of each round score after any penalty point deductions are assessed. The judges shall base their scores on the quantity of effective offensive and defensive techniques, quality of scoring techniques, effective footwork, use of the ring, and sportsmanship.

          DETERMINING THE WINNER OF CONTINUOUS MATCHES:

          The competitor who earns a higher final score on more judges' cards than his or her opponent is declared the winner of the match. A victory on a majority of the cards may be required for a championship match.

          REPETITIVE TECHNIQUES:

          In continuous padded, live, and saltikan matches, repeating the same uninterrupted striking technique to the same target area may effect scoring or lead the referee to separate the combatants, but shall not alone be cause for a point deduction.

          GRASPING OF WEAPON:

          The rules of continuous padded, live, and saltikan competition allow a competitor to hold an opponent's weapon for up to two seconds, during which time an immediate strike and release may be executed.

          PADDED CONTINUOUS COMPETITION:

          This type of combative match follows the same basic format as saltikan competition. All legal strikes are scoring techniques, but blows executed with a flick of the wrist or forearm are considered less significant.

          General Forms Regulations

          THE CARENZA:

          Each competitor shall perform a carenza (form) not exceeding three minutes in length. The use of a weapon or technique that might endanger a competitor, official, or spectator is not permitted. Any weapons used must be kept under the competitor's control at all times.

          PRESENTATION:

          Carenza competitors shall bow or salute when entering and leaving the ring. After approaching the judges, competitors shall bow or salute prior to introducing themselves. Each is only required to state his or her name and school or style.

          WEAPONS:

          Acceptable weapons for carenza competition are those that are traditional to the Philippine martial arts and are safe and properly maintained.

          DISQUALIFICATION:

          The performance of any clearly dangerous technique, the inability to safely control a weapon, or the exhibition of unsportsmanlike behavior shall be grounds for automatic disqualification of a carenza competitor.

          SCORING:

          The carenza competitors' scores shall be based upon the elements of presentation, technical precision, transitions between movements, symmetry, complexity, balance, timing, rhythm, power, controlled speed, concentration, focus, combat effectiveness, showmanship, and self-expression. Forgetting one's form, pausing inappropriately, exceeding the three-minute time limit, losing control of a weapon, or dropping a weapon all constitute significant errors that should be duly reflected in a competitor's score.

          --- In historyofmartialartsinhawaii@yahoogroups.com, papa0264@... wrote:

          > is there a link to the rules of this new style of fighting?
          >
          > Thank you so much.
          >

          > Tim

        • braddah shano
          Message 4 of 6 , May 9, 2011