AWOL Activity Dec. 14th

  • benjamin ramos
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2001
      The ProLibertad Freedom Campaign is calling on all our allies and supporters
      to make it out to this wonderful cultural and educational activity. Support
      AWOL, ROOTS and Paper Tiger!!
      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
      CONTACT: asif ullah

      December 3,
      2001
      212-228-0450
      MILITARY MYTHS SCREENING, PARTY & CONCERT
      A Flick Exposing The Lies Of The
      Military Promise

      ROOTS and Paper Tiger present "Military Myths", a hot 27 minute video,
      vividly exposing the military promise. If you have ever been to the
      military, know anyone who has, been approached by military recruiters or
      seen military ads you know about the military dream -- travel,
      adventure, discipline, loot for school... Who can better break down the
      real deal behind these promises than the folk who've been through the
      military experience. Military Myths breaks it down with the realness.

      All original tracks from the off the meter new magazine and cd -- AWOL.
      Artists from AWOL will be performing after the screening. Among them:
      Division X and the Welfare Poets.

      Live performances will be followed by bumping hip hop, reggae and salsa
      music till 1 am.

      Mark your calendars for a dope movie, concert and party! ALL FREE!
      FRIDAY DECEMBER 14th 6:30 pm
      @ 235 W. 23rd St. between 7th and 8th ave.
      For more info call (212)228-0450