"Roots Daughter Premiers" Congratulations Sista Bianca

  • REality Ausetkmt
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2001
      Sista Bianca,
      H.I.M.'s Blessings and Congratulations to the Queen on her Successful
      Completion
      of her Film. Judy Mowatt is the perfect singer to express
      the reality of our Livity.

      So Sis is there a screening of Roots Daughters scheduled in Detroit ?
      if so please let me know so that I can make it, and tell others who
      undoubtably need to see it as well. "ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO---ooootsss,
      and More Rooooooooooooooooooooooooooottssss.... as Mutabaruka Says.

      Sis, are you promoting your Film on the Internet with a Website ?
      if you have a link and or a graphic that I can create a link to
      I will gladly add you to my Website and infact forward your link
      to other lists that I subscribe to, who would be interested; and
      I'm on 40+ lists. I know others can also share in this "Promotion for
      Love".

      We need to support eachother's projects and market for eachother
      in the Name of Kujichagulia, and in fact Nia because we must support
      our own art in order to see it through to the Purchase level.

      Again, Sista Bianca, just let the "I" Know what we can bring to
      a Forwardness for the Rasta, and The I-n-I can move in a Positive
      Motion, Forward - Seen.

      Sis if you need any assistance Technically with setting up a website
      or a shopping cart to sell the movie, feel free to let the I know as I
      would be more than happy to point the I in the proper direction, and
      kick in where A Rasta Daughter can Bear a Load, Ya No See It !!!

      "Success and Progress to ALL My Fellow African Queens working it out,
      on Our Own Terms"

      Peace and Prosperity, A Luta Continua,

      Queen ~RE Lutalo

      (Daughter of the tribe of Judah, HIM's Own Tribe)

      ~RE Ausetkmt
      Owner - Designer Kemetworks.com
      http://kemetworks.com/
      All our Natural Soaps are on Sale at http://kemetworks.com/soap.html "

      Message: 1
      Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 16:58:32 -0500
      From: Bianca Nyavingi Brynda <fari@...>
      Subject: Perfect Xmas Gift

      [Image]

      The story of the distaff side of the movement.This
      touching, moving hour long testament reveals the
      Rastawoman's experience as expressed by acclaimed
      reggae singer Judy Mowatt, women from Guyana,
      Jamaica and Canada.

      Beautifully shot on location by the award winning
      cinematographer Derek Rogers. Bianca Nyavingi
      Brynda written, produced, directed & narrated this
      film. The labor of love for Bianca, five years in
      the making Roots Daughters has been screened at 7
      International Film Festivals around the world. It
      was nominated for the Best film Award at the Black
      International Film Festival in South Bend Indiana.
      It was produced by Fari Int. Productions Inc., in
      association with Vision TV.

      Roots Daughters introduces Rastawomen in their
      social, political and economic context and shows
      Nyahbinghi, Rastafari's central ritual of drumming,
      chanting and reasoning.It also traces the origins of
      Rastafari in Africa, with photographs,
      illustrations, maps and charts, including stock
      footage of H.I.M Haile Sellasie, the Ethiopian
      emperor and spiritual leader of Rastafari, in Geneva
      at the League of Nations. In addition, the film
      profiles Jamaican freedom fighter Marcus Garvey and
      reggae superstar Bob Marley, who helped spread the
      Rasta resistance movement around the world.

      Judy Mowatt's haunting rendition of Great Black
      Warrior Queens, tells of the legendary African
      warrior women who held colonial invaders at bay for
      years. It depicts women as heroines, strong and
      skillful, nurturing and caring.
      Rastawomen support such principles as justice,
      equality, peace and love.

      To order a VHS copy please sent $26.98 US Cash,
      Certified Check or International Money Order to:

      Fari Int. Productions Inc.
      Bianca Nyavingi Brynda
      147 Vaughan Rd. Suite 7
      Toronto M6C-2L9