Re: Billy Graham's Prophecy

  • calpatton@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2001
      Greetings Brethren:

      The following is a response to the statements that Billy Graham fulfilled a Prophecy noted in the Bible. As responsible Christian scribes and Truth-Seekers we beg to differ. We also note our disagreement on a correct interpretation of scripture. However as a preface to our clarification of scripture that notes the Great Commission of the Gospel and the end times we note the following.

      Billy Graham although we respect him as a human being we do not respect Billy Graham as a Preacher. For the record any Preacher today that is not speaking boldly for God is not a God-Sent man. (We do note that some were sent but left God and have gone astray. Also, the usual reason for going astray has been money, power and prestige. This is the same thing that inspired the corrupt Priests and the False Prophets throughout the Bible). In order to speak boldly for God  Preachers should  warn the people of the evident trip to Hell for all Preachers that mis-lead the flock with the lies of financial prosperity, Faith-healers and all of the trappings of the lust for money in the church.

      The utter ungodly attitude of Preachers and the Lost that follow them is so bad that we believe that the establishment of a New Christian Church is the only answer for Christianity to please God. From our investigation and experiences the Preachers and church leaders are virtually hopeless. Thus the remnant among them and among the flock should come out and stand with God, and the Bible instead of Money, tradition and the lies of the Blind, Stupid and Ignorant.

      Therefore, Billy graham missed a golden opportunity to offer a message of Repentance to the world. Thus revealing that the Europeans have corrupted Christianity and used the Word of God to justify slavery and all manners of discrimination and exploitation of people throughout the world. It is for certain that the Black Preacher enlisted on the slave plantation to play a game of deceit has continued as his White counterparts to defraud the people during these contemporary times. We declare as God is our witness and Judge that the Con-Game of Tithes and Offerings is the mainstay of the Gross Disobedience to God and a clear violation of the scriptures.  Can you find a Preacher that does not support this ungodly distortion of the Truth of God and the Bible?  Thus, repentance to God for sin should have been the message of any Preacher thus allowed to speak to the masses of the world.

      Meanwhile we note the distortion of the scriptures that are noted by the writer that makes the claim of Prophecy by way of Billy Graham.

      Mark 13: 10. "And the gospel must first be published among all nations."

      By the time the wars ended in the destruction of Jerusalem, the Gospel was preached in all the countries of the world.

      Matthew 24: 14. "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come."

      The word world in this passage means the inhabited earth. The end means the end of Jerusalem  the climax of the war. That event occurred in 70 A.D., and the Gospel was to have been offered to all the nations of the (civilized) world at that time. Hence the great commission of the apostles noted in Matthew 28:19 and Mark 16: 15 was fulfilled in the first century. This statement agrees with Romans 10: 18 and Colossians 1:23.

      The Lord was not willing for Jerusalem to be destroyed until the Gospel had been offered to the entire extent of human inhabitants on earth, hence He inspired the whole revolution as far as the dates were concerned.

      Colossians 1: 23. "If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister."

      The blessings promised in the preceding verses is based on If. They must continue in the faith. A life of faith will help them stay with God and not be moved from the Gospel that they had heard. Meanwhile the Colossians were not the only people who had heard the Good News. Because it was preached to every creature, which is under heaven. This fact fulfilled the commission that Christ gave the apostles in Matthew 28:19-20 and Mark 16: 15-16. It is also declared to have been accomplished in Romans 10: 18.

      Let it be written that this teaching refutes those who quote the ‘great commission" and apply it to preachers of the Gospel in our day. No uninspired man can "preach the Gospel to every creature, for there are to many languages in the world."

      Romans 10: 18. "But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their word unto the end of the world."

      The pronoun their refers to the preachers of verses 14 and 15, who were the inspired apostles. Paul affirms that their word had at that time gone unto the ends of the world. This same fact is declared in Colossians 1:23. Therefore when a man applies the "Great Commission" to preachers of today he is perverting the scripture.

      We bear witness  as the Spirit of Almighty Jehovah God moves in us that the world today is set in a downward cycle. God is displeased. Yes God is displeased with the continued disobedience of His people. Just as the wandering Jews disobeyed God so have the Gentiles that have embraced not God but man and themselves. Meanwhile a humble ex-slave who is without many resources and the fruit of the land comes as Called. Here we would be remiss if we did not note that our prosperity is seen in the Truth and Knowledge of God. There are no greater riches that exist than the Truth of God. However many still denounce us and our messages of Truth, Salvation and Judgement, but we follow the Bible and the Truth of God and not man and objects. But we still make the Call.  When will all men and women who speak in the name of God  remove the shackles of materialism, tradition and self-pride and repent? God is a forgiving God but the time is drawing near.

      Peace and Love,
      Carl Patton writing for the FreedomJournal October 4, 2001 in the year of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

      Subj:     Fwd: FW: Billy Graham
      Date:     10/3/2001 1:30:18 PM Central Daylight Time
      From:     ADELOREZ
      To:     donjlee@..., CALPatton

      God is speaking but are we listening?

      I thank God for Jesus.  Blessed be the name of the Lord. Glory, Glory, Glory
      Praise His Holy Name.

      Adelorez (AngelasWisdom) adelorez@...

             http://www.angelaswisdom.com
      Outreach Mission (
      Christanity & Messianic Fellowships) - Life Enrichment (Multicultural, News from the nat'l black c of c, etc., Enriching The Total Life In Many Areas)

      Mark 13:10 reads "And my gospel must first be published among all nations." Blessed be the name of the God of Issac, Abraham and Jacob.  HE is in TOTAL control and HE is not sleep.    peace awatkins12@...   "McGill, Pam" <Pam.McGill@...> wrote:

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 11, 2001
        Subj: Re: Re: Billy Graham's Prophecy
        Date: 10/6/2001 4:22:06 PM Central Daylight Time
        From:    onegodsouldier@... (WILLIE EDWARD TURNIPSEED SR.)
        To:    CALPatton@...

        My thought are very simular to yours in regards to thes so-called
        PREACHERS that are presentd with the OPPURNITY OF A LIFETIME to
        address the ENTIRE WORLD and just tell it LIKE IT IS!

        GOD only wants us all to know that GOD does not want to destroy this
        WORLD or see the WORLD DESTROY ITSELF, but if we do not stop all of
        this VIOLATING oe WS of GOs set forth in the TEN COMMANDMENT then it
        is inevitable that we will self-destruct or GOD will have to "DO IT
        AGAIN"

        I feel very sorry for the people claiming to be MESSENGERS of GOD
        that are fearful of MAN!