Creation of Racism & The Black American

  • calpatton@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2001
      Greetings Brethren:
      Peace and Forgiveness extend from the Creator,  the Savior and the Holy
       Spirit. We know that man does not deserve the grace and mercy of God.
      However  God is a "Good God" and extends his mercy to all of humankind. Will
      you acknowledge his grace with your submission to Truth? Our prayer today
       and always is for peace among all of humankind. God the Father will make  a
       crooked road straight and fix a Black and evil heart.
      Peace,
      Carl A. Patton, FreedomJournal

      THE NAME GAME: THE DEFENSE OF BLACK AMERICAN AND AFRICAN AMERICAN
      THE NEW PRESS: CHATTANOOGA TENNESSEE  Part 4: Pan-Africanism Nkrumah & Black
      Power
       The Economics Of Racism  The Name Game

      Part 16: Capitalism: The Creation of Racism and the Black American

      Within the historical development of American slavery is found the beginning
      of a distinct culture. From our analysis these people are best distinguished
      ethnically as Black Americans. Also we clearly see these people as having
      African ancestry. However because of the various historical circumstances we
      have noted throughout this series there is often discussion on what is a
      correct name for the ancestors of the kidnaped people from "The Land of the
      Blacks."

      As the debate brews over Black American or African Americans we argue that a
      discussion of culture is at this point a major way in which one can determine
      a suitable and realistic name for the ancestors of the people kidnaped from
      "The Land of the Blacks." Also for the record we have recorded earlier that
      Professor Chancellor Williams has noted that the land called Africa has been
      called "The Land of the Blacks," from time immemorial.

      A discussion of culture will come later.  However, at this point we will
      return to the making of a slave. The making of the slave sets the stage for a
      discussion of culture. Therefore we note that a distinct culture arose out of
      the bosom of Slavery, Jim Crow, Segregation and Discrimination. This culture
      could not logically be African because it was not bred in Africa but America.
      However we note  that the land of our ancestors has had the major influence
      on our distinct culture. Meanwhile, the Black American culture  continues to
      be developed in North America.

      Did the humanity of the Europeans cause him to rebuke White slavery in
      America and take hold of an exclusive campaign to enslave the people from
      "The Land of the Blacks?" Professor Eric Williams records several statements
      concerning the comparative analysis of White servants and Blacks as a labor
      supply. "The White servants were treated harshly. The servants were regarded
      by the planters as "white trash," and were bracketed with the Negroes as
      laborers." ( Capitalism and Slavery, p. 17).

      "Defoe bluntly stated that the white servant was a slave." (Daniel Defoe,
      Moll Flanders, p. 71).

      Professor Williams argues that the White servant was not a slave. The
      servants' tenure of service and bondage was rendered to a specific time.
      However the Black man and woman, boy or girl was a slave for life.

      "Racial difference made it easier to justify and rationalize Negro slavery to
      exact the mechanical obedience, to demand the resignation and the complete
      moral and intellectual subjection which alone make slave labor possible.
      Finally and this was the decisive factor, the Negro slave was cheaper."
      (Capitalism and Slavery, p. 19).

      Professor Williams argues that White servitude laid the foundation for the
      eventual exclusive enslavement of Black people. Professor Williams cites
      Professor U.B. Phillips  ("Life and Labor in the Old South," p. 25) who
      argues that the convict drivers became or made a natural transition too
      slave-driving. "In significant numbers, the Africans were  latecomers that
      fitted into a system already developed." (Capitalism and Slavery, p 19).

      Professor Williams goes further to define the origin of slavery and its
      relationship to Black people.  "The reason was economic not racial, it had
      nothing to do with the color of the laborer, but the cheapness of the labor.
      As compared to Indian and white labor, Negro slavery was eminently superior."
      (Capitalism and Slavery, p. 19).

      Also in the chapter on "The Origin of Negro Slavery," Professor Williams
      again notes clear reasons for the motives of slavery and the resulting
      factors of racism. For the record we note that the record shows that economic
      greed motivated the historical development of racism and not need. The
      ungodly have not quenched the lust for money, power and prestige. Therefore,
      racism and its trappings continue to develop. This development of ungodliness
      has torn the world apart. Meanwhile, the prayers of the righteous hold up the
      coming of the Supreme Power of the Earth and the universe. Now back to
      Williams and his assessment.

      Black people had certain features, hair, color etc. these features were
      listed as sub-human by the economic bandits who laid the foundation for
      racism. Again these factors of inferiority clearly came about for economic
      reasons. The Colonies needed  labor and they identified the labor source in
      Africa "The Land of the Blacks. " The labor source in Africa was also the
      cheapest and the best. This conclusion was not a theory but proven by the
      personal experience of the planter class.

      The interpretations by Professor Williams are quite interesting because he
      also explodes the myth of White people not being able to work in the sun or
      hot climates. Thus he argues that an understanding of White servitude is very
      important to understanding the development of Blacks as the supreme labor
      force. Again Professor Williams notes the economic motive and  then he
      refutes the notion that White people could not tolerate the sun.

      "A Mississippi dictum will have it that only black men and mules can face the
      sun in July. Nevertheless, the Whites faced the sun for well more than a
      hundred years in Barbados. The Salzburgers of Georgia indignantly denied that
      rice cultivation was harmful to them." (Capitalism and Slavery, p. 20).

      Professor Williams thus documents accounts that note the evidence of White
      people working in the deep south. Thus the record shows that White laborers
      worked the fields of the deep south under the same climatic conditions as the
      Blacks.

      Professor Williams cites (E.T. Thompson, "The Climactic Theory of the
      Plantation," p. 60) for the following quotation:
      "The climatic theory of the plantation is thus nothing but a rationalization.
      The plantation is not to be accounted for by climate. It is a political
      institution. It is, we might add, more: it is an economic institution. This
      climatic theory is part of an ideology which rationalizes and naturalizes an
      existing social and economic order, and this everywhere may be an order in
      which there is a race problem" ( Capitalism and Slavery, p. 22).

      Slavery had nothing to do with the climate. It was based on an economic
      system and three products, Caribbean sugar, American tobacco and cotton.
      Thus, they created an inferior social and economic organization. For a final
      note Professor William notes:
      "Slavery in no way implied, in any scientific sense, the inferiority of the
      Negro. Without it the great development of the Caribbean sugar plantations,
      between 1650-1850 would have been impossible. Meanwhile, this system or
      social and economic organization defined certain aspects of the developing
      Black American culture.

      Cont. Part 17: Black America: A Culture Rooted In Exploitation

      All rights reserved by Psyche Publishing: FreedomJournal 2000.

      PSALM 120 A SONG OF DEGREES, THE SAFETY OF THE GODLY
      In my distress I cried unto the Lord, and he heard me.

      THE FREEDOMJOURNAL IS A FREE AND INDEPENDENT BLACK PRESS. WE EXPRESS THE
      CONCERNS AND INTERESTS OF BLACK PEOPLE IN AMERICA, AFRICA AND THROUGHOUT THE
      PLANET EARTH. HOWEVER THE CHALLENGE OF TRUTH AND  HUMAN RIGHTS EXIST AMONG
       THOSE THAT HAVE A HISTORY OF EXPLOITING BLACK PEOPLE AND THOSE THAT CHOOSE
      TO CONSPIRE WITH THE WICKED.

      MEANWHILE, THE FREEDOMJOURNAL DOES NOT BELIEVE IN THE CENSORSHIP OF OUR
      ENEMIES AND THOSE THAT DON'T AGREE WITH US. THIS LIST INCLUDES:
      ATHEISTS, HATE-MONGERS, RACISTS AND UNCLE TOMS.

      120: 6. "My soul hath long dwelt with him that hateth peace.

      120:7. " I am for peace: but when I speak, they are for

      war."

      As a further note we believe as God is our witness that Love is Supreme.
      However, Love is not a sign of Weakness. To exhibit Love in the midst of a
      Storm is a sign of Strength.