Healing: Part 12: Hezekiah Prays For Healing

  • calpatton@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3 5:53 AM
      Greetings Brethren:
      The world needs healing. However, the world continues on a downward journey
      to Hell. We pray for the Lost souls and the unbelievers. We also pray that
      those that have knowledge of the Word will Hold On.

      Peace and Love,
      Carl Patton writing for the FreedomJournal May 3, 2001 in the year of our
      Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

      CHRISTIANITY: FALSE TEACHING, FALSE DOCTRINES
      THE MIRACLE OF HEALING
      PART 12: HEZEKIAH PRAYS FOR HEALING AND THE RETURN TO GOD
      ( 2 CHRONICLES 30:20 & 1-29 Also 31:1-21)

      In the name of God, Master of the universe, Ruler of the earth.

      Hezekiah sought to reinstate the Passover as noted in 2 Chronicles 30. The
      Passover Feast was a ritual observance of Israel that celebrates the
      deliverance of the Israelites from Egypt. (See Exodus 12-13 for a detailed
      discussion on the Passover). The Passover celebrates not only what
      God has done in the past, but also what God is doing in the present. It is
      also noted that the Passover has a twofold impact. It marks the exit of the
      Israelites from Egypt and also marks their entry into the land of promise.

      2 Chronicles 30:1. "And Hezekiah sent to all Israel and Judah, and wrote
      letters also to Ephraim and Manasseh, that they should come to the house of
      the Lord at Jerusalem, to keep the Passover unto the Lord God of Israel."

      The 10 Tribes had been recently taken into captivity by the Assyrians. The
      letters of Hezekiah went out to those who had returned. It is also noted that
      the  Passover celebration honored the time in which God had spared the lives
      of Israel first born sons in Egypt.

      God had promised to send a plague to kill the first born sons except in those
      houses where the blood of a slain lamb had been painted on the door posts.
      The Israelites obeyed and the Death Angel saw the blood and passed over the
      house (see Exodus 12; 23).

      After the plague Pharaoh freed the Israelites from slavery. The Passover was
      then to become a yearly reminder of how God delivered his people.

      30:6-9.
      Hezekiah was a king dedicated to God and to the spiritual life of the nation.
      The letters he sent out were not merely invitations, they were commandments
      of the king. They were addressed to the children of Israel as a whole.

      30:7.
      "And be not ye like your fathers, and like your brethren, which trespassed
      against the Lord God of their fathers, who therefore gave them up to
      desolation, as ye see."

      God makes a distinction between leaders of the nation and individuals of the
      nation. The Books of the Prophets clearly show that God holds leaders more
      accountable. These letters hope to show the individuals that they should
      profit from the mistakes of their leaders and not fall into condemnation by
      God.

      30:10.
      "So the posts passed from city to city through the country of Ephraim and
      Manasseh even unto Zeblun: but they laughed them to scorn, and mocked them."

      Stand strong in the faith as Hezekiah did and God will honor you. Before the
      Captivity there were some that were true to God. Now that some had escaped
      and returned home they did not appreciate their freedom and refused to
      respect the call from the posts or runners.

      Meanwhile others humbled themselves and obeyed the orders. Here we see that
      pride is the curse of rebellion and humility is what caused obedience.

      30:15.
      The second month was substituted for the first month, which was the original
      date. However, the Lord is the one who made the change. (See Numbers
      9:10-11). Man has no right nor authority to change any of the divine
      ordinances. But when God makes a change, we are required to observe
      the change.

      Here also we see great excitement and enthusiasm on the part of the people.
      This motivated the Priests to also share in this excitement.  Lay persons
      should always be involved in decision making in the church.

      30:19-20.
      V. 20. "And the Lord hearkened to Hezekiah, and healed the people."

      In verse 19 the prayer of Hezekiah was on condition that the people bring
      their hearts into a proper attitude to God. Although their bodies at that
      time were not ceremonially cleaned. Hezekiah prayed for God's mercy.

      V. 20.
      The prayer of Hezekiah was heard as an intercession or mediator for the
      people, and they were healed, which means the Lord removed all of the
      disqualifications from them without requiring them to go through any further
      ceremonies.

      Cont. Part 13: The Psalms of Healing

      PSALM 120 A SONG OF DEGREES, THE SAFETY OF THE GODLY
      In my distress I cried unto the Lord, and he heard me.

      THE FREEDOMJOURNAL IS A FREE AND INDEPENDENT BLACK PRESS. WE EXPRESS THE
      CONCERNS AND INTERESTS OF BLACK PEOPLE IN AMERICA, AFRICA AND THROUGHOUT THE
      PLANET EARTH. HOWEVER THE CHALLENGE OF TRUTH AND  HUMAN RIGHTS EXIST AMONG
       THOSE THAT HAVE A HISTORY OF EXPLOITING BLACK PEOPLE AND THOSE THAT CHOOSE
      TO CONSPIRE WITH THE WICKED.

      MEANWHILE, THE FREEDOMJOURNAL DOES NOT BELIEVE IN THE CENSORSHIP OF OUR
      ENEMIES AND THOSE THAT DON'T AGREE WITH US. THIS LIST INCLUDES:
      ATHEISTS, HATE-MONGERS, RACISTS AND UNCLE TOMS.

      120: 6. "My soul hath long dwelt with him that hateth peace.

      120:7. " I am for peace: but when I speak, they are for

      war."

      As a further note we believe as God is our witness that Love is Supreme.
      However, Love is not a sign of Weakness. To exhibit Love in the midst of a
      Storm is a sign of Strength.