Indianz.com pulled a fast one

  • Djehuti Sundaka
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2001
      From: IndigenousNews@w...
      Date: Wed Apr 4, 2001 11:59am
      Subject: Indianz.com pulled a fast one

      Here is Indianz.com reply on the posting of Bush
      terminates three
      tribes.

      Myself, I find this joke of theirs in very bad taste.
      I and many others
      posted that message far and wide.

      Its like the story of the little boy who cried wolf,
      when it did happen
      no one believe him. Maybe, I have a lousy sense of
      humor but I will no
      longer post from Indianz.com., as I do not believe this
      is funny.

      Paula
      ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      Indianz.Com pulls a fast one

      APRIL 3, 2001

      In case you missed it, Indianz.Com presented a special
      April 1 edition
      of its website to commemorate that very special
      trickster holiday: April
      Fools.
      By all accounts, it was a complete success.
      A number of readers throughout Indian Country believed
      it was real and
      called the Bureau of Indian Affairs to check up on it.
      Certain BIA
      officials who shall remain nameless thought the it was
      plausible until
      other certain BIA officials who shall remain nameless
      pointed out that
      it fell on April 1.
      Other readers went further. Some called our offices in
      Winnebago,
      Nebraska, about it. Some even called our offices in
      Cambridge,
      Massachusetts, requesting . . . how do you say . . .
      clarification on
      certain aspects of it.
      We also got e-mails from readers who congratulated us
      for the
      presentation. We love you too, Arigon Starr!
      We do applaud the actions of at least one Indianz.Com
      reader, who vowed
      to organize a protest called "Days of Outrage,
      Operation Payback" to
      decry the Bush administration's alleged actions. We
      also applaud
      statements of others readers who call on indigenous
      people to join
      together when faced with potential threats to tribal
      sovereignty.
      Indianz.Com is currently unaware of any reports on CNN
      confirming the
      termination of the three Texas tribes. If CNN did
      report any story of
      the sort, we'd be more worried about Wolf Blitzer and
      crew than anything
      else.

      April Fools! Trust No One. The Truth Is Out There.
      Peace, Love, Fry
      Bread, and Wojapi. Don't Shoot Prairie Dogs Unless You
      Have To. Save the
      Yellowstone Buffalo. Etc.

      Visit the April 1 Edition today. Tell your friends,
      enemies, and
      Congresspersons!

      Some Reader Comments:

      Did Indianz.com prank CNN????? (MrMojo in The Talking
      Circle 4/2)

      INDIANS UNITE!!!!!!! (MadAsHell in The Talking Circle
      4/1)

      We are in trouble (earthw7 in The Talking Circle 4/1)
      Copyright © 2000-2001 Noble Savage Media, LLC /
      Indianz.Com
      More headlines...

      Printed for educational purposes only: The news that is
      reported is not
      necessarily the viewpoint of IndigenousNews

      Reprinted under the Fair Use Law: Doctrine of
      international
      copyright law.

      To send news reports, subscribe or unsubscribe send
      email to
      IndigenousNews@w...