Historynotes Gullah Festival & Egun-Egun Festival May 27 - June 05, 1999

  • 1Wisdom
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 1999
      Peace,
      I'm in the planning stages of my trip to the Gullah Festival
      at Penn Center, on St. Helena Island, S.C. (may 27 - may 31, 1999)
      and to the Egun-Egun Festival - at Oyotunji Village, in Shelton S.C. (may
      28 - june 5, 1999)
      varitably 25 miles apart.

      I'm planning on attending the opening of the Gullah Festival, 05/27/99
      and on attending the Egun Egun Festival opening fete Friday May 28, 1999.

      Are any of you planning on Attending either festival ?
      they are so close together, and offer such a wonderful and rich
      taste of our culture, combined that it's hard to resist this 5 hr drive
      from ATL for me.

      If there are any members of the family who plan on attending Either,
      please drop me mail, <ausetkmt@...>
      so that we may arrange a social gathering and audience with the
      Chiefs in Oyotunji, since a pre reservation for readings during this
      time is required. This Promises to be a Monumentous Festival
      and I urge any of you in the close area to attend, and partake of the
      Homecomming, and Spiritual Re-empowerment that is assured to occur.

      I'll be constructing a website for the trip, showing info on the festivals
      and info on bookings, to be announced this week (05/15/99)

      Hoping to see many of us there,, Mojuba !!!

      Peace,

      ~RE

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/historynotes