TONIGHT: Abayomi Azikiwe, Editor of The Pan-African Newswire and Andre Batts & Maia Crown Williams of The Motor City Black Age of Comics Convention in Detroit on The African History Network Show, Thurs. 8pm EST!!!

  • Michael Imhotep
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2013
      Hello Everyone,

      TONIGHT: Listen to The African History Network Show, Thurs. September, 26th, 8pm-11pm EST with guests Abayomi Azikiwe, Editor of The Pan-African Newswire and Andre Batts & Maia Crown Williams of The Motor City Black Age of Comics Convention in Detroit.

      Visit us on Facebook at :

      https://www.facebook.com/events/462748530449218/#

      1st Hour  - We’ll talk about the J. Marion Sims who was the “Father of Gynecology” and did tortuous surgeries, etc. on African Slave women.

      Andre Batts and Maia Crown Williams of The Motor City Black Age of Comics Convention in Detroit will talk about the Convention taking place Fri., Sept. 27th and Sat. Sept. 28th in Detroit at YouthVille Detroit, 7375 Woodward Ave.  For more information visit them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/events/291015094334577/ or www.MotorCityBlackAge.weebly.com.

      2nd & 3rd Hour – Director John Singleton recently talked about a troubling and growing trend of African-American Films being directed by White Directors and the need for us to tell our own story.

      Abayomi Azikiwe, Editor of The Pan-African Newswire will discuss, The Navy Yard Shooting, the possible Government Shutdown, new developments in Syria and the Massacre in Kenya.

      Listen to The African History Network Show at www.TheAfricanHistoryNetwork.com or http://tobtr.com/s/5475721 or http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow or by phone, when we are LIVE at (914) 338-1375. Episodes are also archived on www.Itunes.com.

      --
      Michael Imhotep
      President, The African History Network