TONIGHT: (Special Saturday Broadcast) Jackie Robinson, Integration & The Destruction of the Negro Leagues, Sat. 8pm EST on The African History Network Show!

  • Michael Imhotep
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2013
      TONIGHT: Listen to The African History Network Show, (Special Day) Saturday, April 27th, 8pm-11pm EST as we discuss "Jackie Robinson, Integration & The Negro Leagues". The move "42" depicts the struggle of Jackie Robinson to break the Color Barrier in Major League Baseball and this is depicted as an accomplishment for African-Americans. The question that we have to ask to what did we give up for this accomplishment and are we better off today? Was Segregation more beneficial to African-Americans than Integration?

      Michael Imhotep will talk the Screening & Discussion of "Hidden Colors 2: The Triumph Of Melanin" he's doing Sat. May 4th, 2pm-7pm at Nandi's Knoweldge Cafe', 12511 Woodward Ave. Highland Park, MI (4 blocks South of Davison Fwy between Glendale & Highland St.) FREE EVENT - Donations Accepted. For more information call (313) 462-0003 or email us at TheAHNShow@.... DVDs of the documentary and others will be on sale. Please bring the youth. Even if you have seen this documentary you don't want to miss the Discussion segment. www.TheAfricanHistoryNetwork.com.

      Watch the trailer for the HIdden Colors 2 here:

      We'll also talk about the lecture Michael Imhotep is doing with Prof. (Kaba Kamene) aka Booker T. Coleman of "Hidden Colors 1 & 2", Sat. May 11th, 2pm-8pm at Nandi's Knoweldge Cafe. The African History Network Lecture Series presents Prof. Kaba Kamene (aka Booker T. Coleman) “The Afrikan Connection: Afrika, Mexico & The Mississippi Valley” & Michael Imhotep of The African History Network ”The Media’s Deliberate Destruction of The African-American Family: Reloaded”, Tickets $12 Adv., $15 Door. Only a limited number of tickets will be sold and they are going fast. Group discounts are available. For tickets call 313-462-0003 or purchase them at www.TheAfricanHistoryNetwork.com.

      Listen to the show at www.TheAfricanHistoryNetwork.com or http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow or by phone, when we are LIVE at (914) 338-1375. Episodes are also archived on www.Itunes.com.

      Michael Imhotep
      President, The African History Network
      Executive Producer/Talk Show Host of The African History Network Show
      (313) 462-0003 (Office)
      Listen to The African History Network Show, Thursdays, 8pm-11pm EST
      at www.BlogTalkRadio.com/TheAfricanHistoryNetworkShow or at (914) 338-1375