"Should African-Americans Celebrate European Holidays: The History Of Christmas" LIVE Webstreaming Lecture by Michael Imhotep, Sat. Dec. 8th, 2pm EST.

  • Michael Imhotep
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2012

    Hello Everyone,

    FREE EVENT: WATCH VIA LIVE WEBSTREAMING OR IN PERSON, Saturday, December 8th, 2012, 2pm-7pm, The African History Network Lecture Series presents "Should African-Americans Celebrate European Holidays: The History Of Christmas", Presentation & Discussion by Michael Imhotep of The African History Network Show. Saturday, Dec 8th, 2012, 2:00pm - 7:00pm, Nandi's Knowledge Café, 12511 Woodward Ave., Highland Park, MI (4 blocks South of the Davison Fwy between Glendale and Highland St.).  This is the last lecture of the year for this lecture series.

    We'll be broadcasting this lecture LIVE on USTREAM at http://www.ustream.tv/user/TheAHNShow for the first time ever for those who can’t make it.  FREE EVENT!! Donations Accepted at the event or via PayPal if you’re streaming.

    For more information please call (313) 462-0003 or E-mail us at TheAHNShow@... or http://africanhistorynetwork.wordpress.com/  FREE EVENT!! Donations Accepted.  Visit us on Facebook here,

    https://www.facebook.com/events/303715656407408/

    This multi-media presentation will deal with the historical origins of Christmas. We’ll deal with the influence from various cultures, mythology and religion. Do you really know what you are celebrating?  Please invite your friends.

    Topics Covered Will Include:

    - Why is Christmas celebrated on December 25th?

    - Where do the symbols of Christmas come from?

    - What has caused the popularity of gift giving? Traditionally, people
    didn't exchange gifts with family members.

    - The origins of Santa Claus and much more.

    If you would like for Michael Imhotep to do this lecture for you and your organization or group please email him at TheAHNShow@.... If you would like us to email you a .PDF copy of our DVD Catalog please email us.

    Visit our Youtube Channel where you can watch over 500 video clips dealing with African History and African-American History including videos by Michael Imhotep of The African History Network Show: http://www.youtube.com/mjrob1914

    --
    Michael Imhotep
    President, The African History Network