Cuban 5 VISA Letter Writing Campaign

  • FreetheCuban5 LibertadparalosCinco
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2012

    The Popular Education Project to Free the Cuban 5
    www.freethecuban5.com
    freethecuban5@...
    Free the Cuban 5 Hotline:718-601-4751

    volveran.gif

    demandfreedom.jpg
    Support the Cuban 5!!

    Due to the U.S. government’s denial to approve visas, Gerardo Hernandez Nordelo has not seen his wife for 13 years.  Rene Gonzalez, who is currently on parole in Florida, was not able to see his wife until this year's visit to Cuba, when his brother Roberto Gonzalez passed away.  For the 13 years he was incarcerated she was never allowed to visit and still cannot see him in the U.S. while on parole!

    Others in the Cuban 5 have not seen their parents, wives and children with regularity. The U.S. government has taken prolonged periods of time to issue them visas.

    The U.S. government’s denial of visitation rights is a cruel and horrible form of psychological torture. Their rationale for denial is ridiculous and baseless; none of these family members are a threat to national security.

    We are asking people to fax or mail out this letter to Ms. Navanetham Pillay, The NEW High Commissioner of Human Rights of the Office for Human Rights-United Nations Office at Geneva. We are asking her to intercede on behalf of the Cuban 5’s mothers/wives to pressure the U.S. government to grant them VISAs to visit their husbands/sons!!

    Together our letters can make a difference!  Send one out and forward this message to all your friends, contacts, and family!
    Help reunite these families!  Send your letter out today!

    Sign it and mail or fax to:
    Ms. Navanetham Pillay, High Commissioner of Human Rights
    Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights-United Nations Office at Geneva
    8-14 Avenue de la Paix 1211
    Geneva 10, Switzerland
    Fax: + 41 22 917 9011