TONIGHT: A Tribute To Gil Scott-Heron & The History Of Memorial Day on The African History Network Show, Thur. 8pm EST

  • Michael Imhotep
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2011
      Hello Everyone,

      TONIGHT:   Listen to "The African History Network Show", Thursday, June 2nd, 8pm-11pm EST as we remember "The Godfather Of Rap", Gil Scott Heron. We'll talk about his life and the impact of his work. Scott-Heron was known for work that reflected the fury of Black America in the post-Civil Rights era and also spoke to the social and political disparities in the country. His songs often had incendiary titles — "Home is Where the Hatred Is" or "Whitey on the Moon" — and through spoken word and song he tapped the frustration of the masses.

      We'll also discuss the African-American Origins of Memorial Day. Did you know that Memorial Day was first celebrated by African-Americans in 1865? For Sistas we'll discuss, "How to get fit while keeping your hair in shape".

      To listen visit www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com or Call In (914) 338-1375.

      You don't want to miss this presentation.  Tell your friends.

      The African History Network Anniversary Sale Continues!!!

      DVDs Up To 50% OFF

      + Buy 4 DVDs, Get 1 FREE (and FREE Shipping on U.S. Orders only)

      www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com

      The African History Network Show was designed to help people of African descent especially African-Americans gain knowledge of their history and culture that has been stripped from us over hundreds of years. We focus on educating, empowering and inspiring people of African descent. We will have some of the top African-Centered Scholars on our program and other exciting guest so you can speak with them and have your questions answered. This is a solutions oriented show. "Right knowledge corrects wrong behavior."

      JOIN Our FANPAGE, "The African History Network" on www.Facebook.com. Be on our FANPAGE during the program and we'll take some of your questions and comments from our FANPAGE and announce them on the air.

      If you have any suggestions regarding future guests or topics for The African History Network Show, please email us at Events@...

      Thank You,

      The African History Network
      (313) 396-5396 (office)
      (866) 558-4469 (fax)
      info@...
      www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com
      "Right knowledge, corrects wrong behavior"
      Listen to "The African History Network Show", Thursdays 8pm - 11pm EST.