African Views Event Reminder: -South Sudan will be Africa's newest state. What are the challenges ahead?

  • African Views
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1 4:11 PM

      Information| Communication| Collaboration

      Dear friends and colleagues:

      Please join us live via Skype or phone as we congratulate the people of Sudan on the successful achievement of the principal pillar of the January 2005 Comprehensive Peace Agreement (CPA), the referendum on self-determination for southern Sudan .

      We commend the people of southern Sudan , whose choice has been clearly, freely and credibly expressed in the referendum. South Sudan will be Africa 's newest state. So this means border demarcation, cooperation on oil and pipeline use, it means freedom of movement of goods and services and economic cooperation, it means border control and citizenship, just to mention a few.

      Some people have started to raise concerns about the danger of a new ideology of tribal nationalism" or ethnic federalism that could sweep across Africa .  Is this probable?  As for South Sudan, what dangers and opportunities dies the future holds, and what value is being added to the continent of Africa by having successfully resolve one of the most difficult political disputes, peacefully?

      We Invite pundits to join the dialogue on The African View with Bookie Shonuga and Paul Adujie

      • When: Wednesdays, February 2, 2011
      • The show starts promptly by 12 NOON and ends at 1PM EST
      • Access the show by connecting to AfricanViews on Skype.
      • You can also participate by calling this Phone number: 646.478.4131

      Tune in to listen live on www.AfricanViews.org  Blogtalk Radio, or just call in to listen in by phone or Skype using the above listed phone number or Skype.

      The show is being brought to you by African Views and Global Media Productions

      This message, together with any attachments, is intended for African Views subscribers, friends and associates.  We ask that you assist us in building, promoting, and sustaining the AV intelligence. If you have a listserv, please inform your network about the AV framework, tell them to register and support our effort. If not, send the link to friends, family, colleagues. We are also looking for additional researchers, qualitative and quantitative analysts, as well as editorial staff members. If you are interested, please send an email stating an indication of your interest directly to: av@...

      If you have received this email in error and you do not wish to support our efforts, please discard it.

      Thank you!