African writing - online

  • Marc Washington
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2010
      aw Stationery

          I love AW because it is passionately committed to the many voices of Africa 's multiple literatures.
          In the eight issues it has produced to date, AW has championed new voices and brought new and fresh perspectives on the old.
          - Petina Gappah, author of
      An Elegy for Easterly, Winner of the Guardian First Book Award 2009  & Contributing Editor, African Writing Magazine

      AW is in its third year as a literary magazine of contemporary literature publishing the full range of creative literature from new, emerging and experienced writers. Our mission is to provide - in the breadth of a single publication - a variety of quality literature primarily, though not exclusively, from African countries and their Diaspora. We are a premier African literary journal, with the ambition to cover the entirety of African and Diasporan literature, across the national languages of the continent. Our eighth edition, for instance, which can still be browsed online at
      http://www.african-writing.com, features original Arabic translations from North Africa as well as contributions from some 15 countries, including an interview with Tayari Jones, author of Leaving Atlanta. Earlier editions have featured George Elliot Clarke, Don Mattera, Niyi Osundare, and original translations of contemporary Lusophone and Francophone writers.

      Annual Subscriptions to the bimonthly African Writing magazine are available from Issue no: 10. A streamlined online version will continue to be available, but our subscribers will have exclusive access to our growing archives in addition to an early mailout. Promotional offers of up to 50% discount on individual subscriptions are currently available at www.african-writing.com/eight/subscribe.htm.

      Chuma Nwokolo

      Publisher, African Writing

      http://www.african-writing.com
      many literatures, one voice