The Cuban 5 in the year 2010

  • FreetheCuban5 LibertadparalosCinco
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2010
      ¡Felíz Año Nuevo! Happy New Year!

      The Popular Education Project to Free the Cuban 5 wishes all the supporters of the Cuan 5 an amazing and wodnerful new Year! In this time of celebration and joy, we cannot forget our brothers the Cuban 5.  The Cuban 5 are U.S. held political prisoners incarcerated for fighting against terrorism both in Cuba and the United States.

      As we enter this new year, the Project seeks your help in making our goal to free the Cubna 5 a reality!  We are asking people to support our VISA campaign by sending a letter to Ms. Navi Pillay (http://www.freethecuban5.com/id3.html) the High Commissioner of Human Rights at the Commison on Human Rights in Geneva or by donating to our Community Newspapers for the Cuban 5 fund (http://www.freethecuban5.com/id28.html).

      Also, we are asking people to start writing to the Cuban 5; send them letters or post cards.  Our correspondence gives them hope, uplifts their spirits, and lets them know they are not alone. Their addresses can be found at : http://www.freethecuban5.com/id2.html

      We are asking people to be creative; write a poem, dedicate a dance to the Cuban 5, fundraiser, invite someone from the Project to be on your radio/internet/TV program!

      Help us build a popular movement to free the cuban 5! For more information and resources contact us at: