The Center for Historical Research Fellowships at OSU

  • RE Ausetkmt
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2009
      http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=6f5243a2c1&view=att&th=125151ca305ded43&attid=0.1.0.0&disp=inline&zw

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: H-ATLANTIC automatic digest system <LISTSERV@...>
      Date: Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 12:04 AM
      Subject: H-ATLANTIC Digest - 16 Nov 2009 to 18 Nov 2009 (#2009-110)
      To: H-ATLANTIC@...

      There is 1 message totalling 61 lines in this issue.

      Topics of the day:

      1. The Center for Historical Research

      Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 19:44:18 -0500
      From: jeffrey Fortin SUNY - Oneonta <fortinja@...>
      Subject: The Center for Historical Research

      From: Alan Gallay <osuchr@...>
      Subject: The Center for Historical Research Fellowships
      Date: 18 November 2009 17:01:34 GMT-05:00

      The Center for Historical Research

      The Ohio State University

      The Center for Historical Research brings together faculty, students, =
      and the general public to examine the historical foundation and =
      development of critical issues of global importance. The Center offers =
      resident fellowships for senior and junior faculty, as well as those =
      completing dissertations. We also invite members of the academic =
      community and independent scholars to make presentations at our =
      seminars.

      For the academic years 2009-2011, we are studying, =93The Intersection =
      of Diaspora, Immigration, and Gender in World History.=94 We believe =
      that a gendered analysis of group migrations may reveal new patterns in =
      diaspora and immigration history, shed light on specific migrations, and =
      bridge the historiographical gap between diaspora and immigration =
      histories. A gendered analysis of group migrations may help us better =
      differentiate the meaning of forced and voluntary migrations, and the =
      processes by which people maintained, discarded, and transformed their =
      cultures, and their host cultures.

      For the 2010-2011 academic year we are conducting a fellowship =
      competition and seeking presenters whose research falls in the period =
      from the 19th century to the present. We invite scholars from all =
      disciplines, studying any peoples and geographic area(s) relevant to our =
      program. Application information for fellowships can be found on our =
      website, http://chr.osu.edu/, and are due by February 1, 2010. Those =
      interested in making presentations at the seminars should contact the =
      CHR director, Alan Gallay, at osuchr@....

      The Ohio State University is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action =
      employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities =
      are encouraged to apply.

      Alan Gallay=20
      The Center for Historical Research=20
      The Ohio State University=20
      Dulles Hall 253=20
      230 W. 17th Ave.=20
      Columbus, OH 43210=20

      Email: osuchr@...
      Visit the website at http://chr.osu.edu/
      =20

      -----------------------------

      End of H-ATLANTIC Digest - 16 Nov 2009 to 18 Nov 2009 (#2009-110)

      Akissi Britton
      Doctoral Candidate
      Department of Anthropology
      The Graduate Center