Cuban 5 in News papers

  • FreetheCuban5 LibertadparalosCinco
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2009

      The Popular Education Project to Free the Cuban 5

      www.freethecuban5.com

      freethecuban5@...

      Free the Cuban 5 Hotline: 718-601-4751

      The Popular Education Project to Free the Cuban 5 is making a call to the progressive community to aid us in our newest endeavor to educate communities about the existence of the Cuban 5.  Inspired by the organizations that printed ads in the New York Times and El Diario/La Prensa, the Project has initiated the “Community Newspapers for the Cuban 5” campaign.

      The Project has identified three community newspapers in New York City and will place a full-page ad in each about the Cuban 5 and the visa campaign          for the Cuban 5’s families.  Each ad will also include a list of New York Based academics, authors, artists and local elected officials that support the release of the Cuban 5.

      La Voz Latina, Harlem Community Press, and Tiempo are free community newspapers that are circulated throughout the Tri-State area in churches, community centers, schools, and in public receptacles. Our goal is to raise the funds needed to publish a full-page ad in each newspaper by January 2010.

      Our first full-page ad will be published in La Voz Latina, we are asking organizations and individuals to donate money to help us raise the $1700 needed. All organizations and individuals that donate will be listed in the ad as a contributor.

      Please endorse your check/money order to “IFCO/The Project Education” and then send your donation ($25 minimum) to:

      IFCO/The Popular Education Project

      418 W145th St.

      New York, NY, 10031

       Be sure to write “Community Newspaper Campaign” in the memo section