Screenplays Available

  • Joseph Asagba
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 26, 2009

      Title: Reign of Darkness
      Logline: Oppressed subjects of a Nigerian Kingdom of Urhobo-Okpe rise up against the brutal dictator, King Esezi I, and carry out a unique assassination plot in 1779.

      Genres: Politics, Drama, Romance, Suspense and Thriller.
      This is an epic story about power, wealth sex, glory and hubris. It is a compelling story of human tragedy, freedom, hope and inspiration. Based on a true stories and events described in my book,The Untold Story of a Nigerian Royal Family.
      This screenplay is 117 pages. It is ready to be sent, registered with the WGA.Seeking studio interested in buying the screenplay.

      Contact Details: Dr. Joseph O. Asagba at drjoasagba@...

      Title: Unfailing Love
      Logline: Princess Kubena, the daughter of a Nigerian Chief Orholor, is revealed to have been made pregnant by her father's slave, Akeh. Both Kubena and Akeh are put on trial before the princess;s father, who orders them both put to death. Inspired by true story from my book" The Untold Story of a Nigerian Royal Family" this screenplay unveils the horrors of Akeh's life and the terrible event of his death.

      Genres: Drama, Romance, Suspense and Thriller.
      A dramatic story of sexy romance, painful relationships and a fascinating glimpse into two societies: one a royal family and the other a slave culture.
      This screenplay is 111 pages. It is ready to be sent, registered with the WGA. Seeking studio interested in buying the screenplay.

      Contact Details: Dr. Joseph O. Asagba at drjoasagba@...

      Title: Freedom From Our Fathers
      Logline: Chief Ojegba, a political leader in the Nigerian Kingdom of Urhobo-Okpe, battles for the freedom of his own people who have been thrown into slavery by his rival, Chief Olomu and his slave raiders.Olomu's spy Onaku a famale challenged Ojegba against going to war with Olomu. Their relationship turns to a lover affair. Based on a true stories and events from my book"The Untold Story of a Nigerian Royal Family".

      Genres: Drama, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Politics, War and History.
      This story is about power, sex, betrayal, freedom, human tragedy, hope and inspiration.

      This screenplay is 113 pages. It is ready to be sent, registered with the WGA. Seeking studio interested in buying the screenplay.
      Contact Detail: Dr. Joseph O. Asagba at drjoasagba@...

      Title: Monarchy in a Rancorous Age
      Logline: The story begins in 1945, when the Nigerian Kingdom of Urhobo-Okpe is under British rule, and the Okpe people select their new king, Esezi II. But the British Colonial government refuses to recognize Esezi, which brings tension between the Okpe people and the British officers. While on the throne, the King fell in love with his private secretary a commoner.  The King;s wife later took a lover, her advisor who helped console the heartbroken Queen.
      The action flashes forward to 2004, when once again the nation of Urhobo-Okpe struggles with the choice of a new King. The newly chosen ruler must then endure the stresses of monarchy on his personal life. Based on a true stories and events from my book:The Untold Story of a Nigerian Royal Family".

      Genres: Drama, Romance, Suspense, Thriller, Politics, and History.
      This is a dynamic true story about power, corruption, injustice, sex, betrayal, freedom and politics.

      This screenplay is 119 pages. It is ready to be sent, registered with the WGA. Seeking studio interested in buying the screenplay.