Dec. Visa campaign for the Cuban 5

  • Freethe5 Libertadparalos5
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2007
      The Popular Education Project to Free the Cuban 5
      freethecubanfive@ hotmail.com and freethecuban5@ gmail.com
      http://myspace. com/Freethecuban 5
      Free the Cuban 5 Hotline: 718-601-4751

      Join The Popular Education Project to Free the Cuban 5 as we declare December 2007 to be VISA Month for the Cuban 5!!

      For the entire month of December, we are calling on people to fax or mail (international mailing rate applies) out this letter to Louise Arbour The High Commissioner of Human Rights of the Office for Human Rights-United Nations Office at Geneva.

      We are asking her to intercede on behalf of the Cuban 5’s mothers/wives to pressure the U.S. government to grant them VISAs to visit their husbands/sons! !

      Due to the U.S. government’s denial to approve visas, Gerardo Hernandez Nordelo and Rene Gonzalez Sehwerert have not seen their wives since their incarceration! ! Others in the Cuban 5 have not seen their parents, wives and children with regularity, because the U.S. government has taken prolonged periods of time to issue them visas.

      The U.S. government’s denial of visitation rights is a cruel and horrible form of psychological torture. Their rationale for denial is ridiculous and baseless; none of these family members are a threat to national security.

      This Human Rights abuse must end NOW!! WE ASK THAT YOU FORWARD THIS LETTER/PDF AS FAR AND WIDE AS POSSIBLE!!  HEKLP THIS CAMPAIGN BE A POWERFUL ACTION OF SUPPORT FOR THE CUBAN 5!!

      Your smile counts. The more smiles you share, the more we donate. Join in!