PRican PP needs URGENT Support!!

  • ProLibertad Campaign
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14, 2007
      The ProLibertad Freedom Campaign
      http://www.prolibertadweb.com
      ProLibertad@... and Prolibertad.Campaign@...
      ProLibertad Freedom Line: 718-601-4751

      JOSE PEREZ GONZALEZ FREEDOM FUND!!

      The ProLibertad Freedom Campaign is calling for the formation of the Jose
      Perez Gonzalez Freedom Fund!!

      Puerto Rican Political Prisoner Jose Perez has contacted ProLibertad
      be-cause he needs money for day to day living and to work on his beloved art
      projects. Jose has been a model prisoner, teacher, leader and friend to many
      of his brothers behind the walls. In order for him to communicate with
      friends/family/legal counsel and to continue his art project he needs our
      support!!

      WE NEED YOUR GENEROSITY!! ProLibertad will collect the money for him and
      send it to his commissary account in Des Moines, Iowa. Our goal is to raise
      $500 by the end of Freedom Month for Jose Perez Gonzalez. We are calling on
      all individuals and organizations to make a donation!!

      Please email us and let us know that you donated!! We are going to send Jose
      Perez Gonzalez a letter with the list of the individuals and organizations
      that donated to his fund; he wants to be able to thank everyone
      individually!!

      We are asking all freedom-loving AND justice-believing people to send a
      donation (any amount between $20-whatever you can) to the following address:

      IFCO/ProLibertad
      418 W145th St.
      New York, N.Y. 10031

      Please endorse the check or money order to: IFCO/ProLibertad and write �Jose
      Perez Gonzalez Freedom Fund� in the memo section.

      Jose Perez Gonzalez was born on January 14th, 1968 and is from Ponce, Puerto
      Rico; he is the son of a butcher and his mother is retired government
      worker. He is married with three children. He is a member of Mayaguezano por
      La Salud y el Ambiente. He was a civil disobedient and served three months
      in jail for his support activities. Jose was the only member of the Vieques
      12 who went to trial. He was found guilty and was sentenced to five years in
      jail. His release is 1/17/2008. Write to Jose Perez Gonzalez:

      Jos� P�rez Gonz�lez #21519-069,
      FCI Yazoo City MDC
      PO Box 5888
      Yazoo City, MS 39194

      FREEDOM MONTH CALENDAR

      "While there exist challenges, there is life, and as a consequence, we can
      be creative even in the urns of hell!" . . . Oscar Lopez Rivera, Puerto
      Rican Political Prisoner

      Tuesday April 17th at 6:30pm- Special ProLibertad Freedom Campaign
      Information Session at Hunter College The East Building/Center for Puerto
      Rican studies 14th floor room 1441 (E68th St. and Lexington Avenue).

      Thursday April 26th at 1pm- ProLibertad Student Event with Hunter College's
      Hostos Puerto Rican Club; PLACE TO BE ANNOUNCED. Contact ProLibertad at
      718-601-4751 or ProLibertad@...

      Thursday April 26th at 6:30pm- ProLibertad Student Event with The Guillermo
      Morales Assata Shakur community Center at City College; PLACE TO BE
      ANNOUNCED. Contact ProLibertad at 718-601-4751 or ProLibertad@...

      Saturday April 28th at 7pm- ProLibertad Special fund-raiser �BOMBAZO! With
      LIVE music, dancing and delicious Puerto Rican food!! TENTATIVELY Scheduled
      for the Martin Luther King Jr. Labor Center at 310 W43rd St. (8th-9th
      Avenues).

      Sunday April 29th at 1pm- Unity Brunch on Puerto Rico and the Puerto Rican
      Political Prisoners with The Malcolm X Grassroots Movement at 36A Ralph
      Avenue between Monroe and Gates Aves. Take the J train to Gates Ave. STOP IN
      Brooklyn.