Feb. 2nd DB/ADOPT-A-Prisoner 2007

  • ProLibertad Campaign
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2007
      The ProLibertad Freedom Campaign
      http://www.ProLibertadWeb.com
      ProLibertad@... and ProLibertad.Campaign@...
      ProLibertad Hotline: 718-601-4751

      DOWNLOAD THE JANUARY 2007 EDITION OF THE PROLIBERTAD NEWSLETTER EL COQUI
      LIBRE:
      http://www.prolibertadweb.com/eclJanuary2007.pdf

      Also,

      View this amazing 7 minute video prodcued by by Greg Bozell and the National
      Boricua Human Rights Network on the Puerto Rican Political prisoners:
      http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2607416459725224761&pr=goog-sl

      Despierta Boricua Segment for Friday Feb. 2nd, 2007 at 6:45am on WBAI radio
      99.5fm or live webstreaming/archived on http://www.wbai.org

      This Week's segment features an interview Ray Ramirez, of the Welfare Poets.
      The Welfare Poets are a collective of activists, educators, and artists
      together since 1990. Through teaching residencies and workshops, through
      activism around community struggles and through sharp-edged performances of
      music that incorporates Hip Hop, Bomba y Plena, Latin Jazz and other
      rhythms, the Welfare Poets bring information and inspiration to those facing
      oppression and those fighting for liberation.

      Ray Ramirez, one of the founders of the Welfare poets will be talking about
      the Poets' newest CD, �Cruel and Unusual Punishment."
      http://www.welfarepoets.com

      ��FELIZ A�O NUEVO!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

      The ProLibertad Freedom Campaign wishes everyone a wonderful, just and
      powerful New Year!! In these times of war, repression and RESISITANCE, we in
      the ProLibertad Freedom Campaign are calling on all our allies, supporters
      and friends to remember our brothers and sisters behind the walls!! Those
      amazing and inspiration compa�er@s that were incarcerated by the US
      government for their brave actions and commitment to the liberation of
      Puerto Rico; a colony of the United States for 108 years!

      As the year 2007 begins, we are urging all of you to join ProLibertad's
      newest campaign:

      ADOPT-A-PRISONER 2007

      This is an easy project. There are only 5 easy steps to support this
      endeavor:

      Step 1: Go to http://www.prolibertadweb.com/page4.html and read about one of
      our prisoners.

      Step 2: Choose one of them or all of them and make the commitment to write
      to him/her/them once or twice a month.

      Step 3: If you can, send them a commissary donation (small financial
      donation $5-whatever; every little bit counts)!! These small donations allow
      them to pay for phone calls to family/LEGAL COUNSEL/friends and also for
      over priced materials behind the walls. To learn more about how to donate go
      to: http://www.prolibertadweb.com/page5.html

      Step 4: Email us Prolibertad@... and let us know who you've adopted.
      We want to keep track of this campaign and see how many of you are able to
      commit to supporting our prisoners.

      Step 5: Motivate all of your friends to ADOPT-TO-A-PRISONER!! Be creative!!
      Invite ProLibertad to speak to your friends or organize a card/letter
      writing party. Let us know how we can support!

      TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE FREEDOM HAPPEN!! TOGETHER WE CAN SUPPORT OUR HEROES