Despierta Boricua/Latin@s for Mumia/Support Luis Barrios

  • ProLibertad Campaign
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2006
      The ProLibertad Freedom Campaign
      http://www.ProLibertadWeb.com
      ProLibertad@...
      ProLibertad Hotline: 718-601-4751

      Download the November Edition of our newsletter El Coqui Libre by going to:
      http://www.prolibertadweb.com/page10.html and download the PDF version.

      Despierta Boricua Segment for Friday December 1st, 2006 at 6:45am FRIDAY
      WAKE UP CALL WBAI 99.5FM: Live edition with an interview with Josean
      Laguarta, of el Foro Social de Puerto Rico giving a report back of what
      happened at the Foro Nov. 17th-19th.

      Listen in via webstream: http://www.wbai.org

      Join Latin@s por Mumia on Saturday, Dec. 9, 2006! GET ON THE FREEDOM VAN!

      Dec. 9, 2006 marks the 25th year of Mumia's unjust incarceration. We will be
      organizing transportation from NYC to Philadelphia for this historic event.
      Please call 718-601-4751 or email: ProLibertad@... to purchase your
      ticket.

      We are very happy to announce that Ward Churchill will be joining us on
      December 9th in Philly to commemorate Mumia's 25 years of resistance, and
      our determination to get him out from the hell hole where he has been all
      these years. Ward and Natsu will then go to New York City with us for the
      "Ode" rally on behalf of Lynne Stewart. The day will be a day of unity for
      all these struggles, with speakers at each other's rallies, etc. Ward being
      there will only intensify the quality of the struggle and the unity it will
      build.

      PHILADELPHIA�assemble 11 AM at the east side of Philadelphia City Hall. At
      12 pm we begin marching!

      YOU MUST RESERVE A TICKET TO RIDE IN THE FREEDOM VAN!! SPACE IS LIMITED!!
      EMAIL OR CALL US NOW!!

      The state is obviously targetting Compa�ero Luis, as he is so critical to so
      many struggles. We MUST STAND WITH HIM NOW THAT HE IS UNDER ATTACK!

      WE WILL NOT BE INTIMIDATED!
      DEFEND FR. LUIS BARRIOS AND GEOFF MILLARD!
      UPHOLD THE RIGHT TO PROTEST!

      Fr. Luis Barrios and Iraq vet Geoff Millard were arrested on
      September 19 along with 14 others outside the United Nations as GeorgeW.
      Bush was speaking. They had come with this common message: "We have come to
      the United Nations today to engage in non-violent civil disobedience. We
      demand the war on Iraq end immediately. We
      oppose any attack on Iran. We declare to the world that President George W.
      Bush has been found guilty of war crimes and crimes against humanity. He
      does not speak for us."

      When the group organized by the Bush Crimes Commission unfurled theirsigns,
      police grabbed Fr. Barrios first and forced him to the ground. He was
      subsequently charged with assaulting a police officer (a felony), resisting
      arrest, and disorderly conduct.

      Geoff Millard was knocked over by police while hand-cuffed. They then
      declared that he was "resistant" and he was charged with resisting arrest.
      All the others arrested had the charges of disorderly conduct against them
      dropped.

      It is important that everyone come to the defense of Fr. Barrios because of
      his long history of support for the struggles of the people, and Geoff
      Millard, who is an activist member of the Iraq Veterans Against the War and
      has been featured on Truthout.org. Both are innocent.

      We must uphold the right of the people to protest. No
      president should be allowed to deny protest around their public appearances.
      We will not be cowed into remaining silent in the face of crimes against
      humanity.

      Here is what you can do to defend Fr. Barrios and Geoff Millard: Fill the
      courtroom at Fr. Barrios's court appearance, December 11, 2006 at 100 Centre
      Street, Part F.

      Be there before 8:30 am. On January 16, 2007 fill the courtroom for Geoff
      Millard at the same address, Part B.

      Call or write your protest of his prosecution to Manhattan District Attorney
      Robert M. Morgenthau at (212) 335-9000 or One Hogan Place, New York, NY
      10013.

      You can contact Lucia Bruno at 212 926-5757 or e-mail us at
      UN16DEFENSE@...

      WE WILL NOT BE INTIMIDATED!