SUPPORT ANTONIO CAMACHO NEGRON!!

  • ProLibertad Campaign
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1 6:56 AM
      The ProLibertad Freedom Campaign
      ProLibertad@...
      http://www.ProLibertadweb.com
      ProLibertad Hotline: 718-601 4751

      Download the MAY 2006 Edition of the ProLibertad Newsletter El Coqui
      Libre:http://www.prolibertadweb.com/eclMay2006.pdf

      ANTONIO CAMACHO NEGRON FREEDOM FUND!!

      Antonio Camacho Negron
      #03587-069
      MDC Guaynabo
      Metropolitan Detention Center
      PO Box 2147
      San Juan, Puerto Rico 00922-2147

      The ProLibertad Freedom Campaign is calling for the formation of the Antonio
      Camacho Negron Freedom Fund!! Antonio has asked us not to send him money
      directly, but to create a fund for his use when he is released from prison.
      We are asking all freedom-loving justice-believing people to send a donation
      (any amount is appreciated) to the following address:

      IFCO/ProLibertad
      418 W145th St.
      New York, N.Y. 10031

      Please endorse the check or money order to: IFCO/ProLibertad and write
      "Antonio Camacho Negron Freedom Fund" in the memo section.

      BELOW IS A STATEMENT FROM ANTONIO CAMACHO NEGRON:

      Good evening sisters and brothers. I say good evening because although I
      find myself in this hole and my message has to be read by my brother,
      Attorney H�ctor M. Torres, my heart is here with you. I give my thanks to
      all of you for the support that you have given me, for your commitment with
      our people, for reclaiming the sovereignty that the government of the United
      States has usurped.

      Why does the government of the United States incarcerate me again? For
      violating some colonial conditions remnant of my slave period? Why did they
      arrest me after I had been walking the streets of our people for two (2)
      years?

      The F.B.I. arrested me now for two reasons:

      1. Given the announcement of a congressional commission to hold public
      hearings in Puerto Rico about the misconduct of the F.B.I. in the
      assassination of Filiberto Ojeda and the abuses committed against the press.
      The F.B.I. arrests me to prevent me from testifying before that commission
      to give the information I received about their actions, abuses, and
      brutality against Filiberto's person.

      2. Given the growth in support that the First Congress for De-colonization
      has been getting and for the positions taken by the National Council for
      De-colonization, they believed, mistakenly, that with my arrest they can
      demoralized us. How truly mistaken they are! They know full well that the
      Council is a breeding ground to stop their malevolent intentions to prolong
      colonialism with the inaccurately called "free association".

      Sisters and brothers we are stronger and more optimistic than every while
      the imperial forces are more weak and more demoralized than ever.

      Victory is on our side, and is very near.
      April 4, 2006 Federal Correctional Facility Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
      Every Boricua Machetero,
      Antonio Camacho Negron
    • ProLibertad Campaign