UPDATE: Morehouse College Police Beat Up Civil Rights Leader!!!

  • TTDC Newsletter
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2005
      TTDC DECEMBER ACTION ALERT: Morehouse College Police Beat Up Civil Rights Leader !!!

      DECEMBER2005 ACTION ALERT
      Main Page of This Alert: >http://www.assatashakur.org/1205.htm

      TITLE:Morehouse PoliceBeat Up Civil Rights Leader!

      TIME FRAME: 1 Month

      PLAN OF ACTION:
      Contact Morehouse College and MorehousePolice Department and demand that an act of police brutality perpetrated against civil rights icon Mukasa Dada (Willie Ricks) are corrected and that he is compensated for his injuries.

      Protest Police Brutality!

      PURPOSE OF ACTION:
      Rectify anact of police brutality against Mukasa Dada, formerly named Willie Ricks, creator of the term "Black Power" and pioneeringcivil rights activist.

      Morehouse police beat up Civil Rights Leader and Elder, Mukasa Dada former known asWillie Ricks of Student Nonviolent CoordinatingCommittee (SNCC), on Thursday, November 10, 2005 at MorehouseCollege. As a Field Secretary for SNCC and overall freedom fighter for Black people in general, we feel thisattack by Morehouse Police is dishonorable, appallingly contradictory, and a slap in the face to all Black Leadership past, present, and future. Mukasa Dada’s history in the civil rightsmovement, Black power movement, and all Black progressive movements is impeccable. Not only did Mukasa Dada popularize thechant of “Black Power” but he also is highly spoken of by other civil rights leaders.

      PHOTOS OFINJURIES
      Photo 1, Photo 2, Photo 3, Photo 4, Photo 5

      Who Is Mukasa Dada?
      1. Civil Rights Leader, Elder, Father, Organizer, Orator
      2. Field Secretary of Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC)
      3. “The fiery orator of SNCC” - Dr. Martin LutherKing, Jr. in his 1967 book, Where Do We Go From Here
      4. “Willie Ricks must rank as one of those unknown heroes whocaptured the mood of history. In calling for Black Power, he caught the essence of the spirit, moving Black people in theUnited States and around the world who were poor, Black, and without power” - James Forman of SNCC
      5. Popularized of thechant, “Black Power”
      6. For more information about Mukasa Dada:
        http://assatashakur.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3867
      7. Exclusive Video Interview w/ Mukasa Dada

      WHAT YOU SHOULD DO NOW
      1. Call Morehouse College Ethics Line: 1-404-614-8562
        Call Morehouse President, Dr. Massey:1-404-215-2645
        Call Morehouse Police: 1-404-215-2666
        CallMorehouse Public Relations: 1-404-614-3788

      2. Fax Letters to Morehouse #1: 1-404-659-6536
        Fax Letters toMorehouse#2: 1-404-215-2729

      3. Mail Letters To
        Dr. Walter E. Massey
        Morehouse College
        830 Westview Drive, S.W.
        Atlanta, GA 30314

      4. DONATE TO THE WILLE "MUKASA" RICKS MEDICAL FUND (may need surgury)
        http://www.ftpmovement.com/mukasa.html

      5. Discuss Current Action Alert with Others

      Flyers, DistributeWidely
      • MorehousePolice Beat Up Civil Rights Leader: Download Here(.pdf)
      • Morehouse Police Beat Up Civil Rights Leader: Download Here (.doc)

      Goals:
      • Fire involved officers (officer C. Cox and others)
      • Public written apology
      • All charges dropped
      • Restitution for Mukasa Dada and his family for medical servicesand humiliation
      Outcomes:
      • Police Department notified that acts ofbrutality must be punished.
      • Public awareness of police brutality will be heightened.
      • Public will know that policeoften use false arrest to hide their own criminal intent.
      • Mukasa Dada will receive financialrestitution.

      FEEDBACK
      Follow-up Poll Here

      Share Your News Items
      If you have articles, photographs, video or other news coverage or commentary related to a monthly Action Alert Please contact us.
      http://www.assatashakur.org/1205.htm

      FOR MORE INFORMATION
      Email: Atlanta@...
      Phone: 404-861-4500

      Remember we are striving for 5,000Participant STRONG every Action! If you have ever wondered how you can make an impact, its in sheer numbers. PleaseParticipate and Share this action with at least 5-10 others.

      When did it becomeokay for Police at Black Colleges to Brutalize Black People?

      *** CONTINUE THE SUPPORT AS MOREHOUSE LIES!!! ***
      WE GOT MOREHOUSE RUNNING: KEEP THE CALLS, FAXES, AND LETTERS COMING

      I received this email from Bro. Kojo. HIs son is a U.S. state department diplomat on the African continent. He is also agraduate of Morehouse. It is refreshing when people of his stature have the nerve to speak out against unnecessary behaviorthat prevents our people from taking our rightful place in the world order of things. There is hope for those who got theirpositions from the efforts of people like Mukasa. For some of them look back to try to bring others forward. We must continueto seek them out and get organized. Stay turned. We are organizing to demonstrate at Morehouse in January around MartinKing's birthday. Be ye always ready!

      Pastor M. Ajabu

      YOU+ME=US